Odd Question about RCI Nassau/Adastra Gardens excursion

cooncat_mom

We're looking forward to our Enchantment cruise in Jan. We've got 4 adults, and I was thinking about booking the Nassau Sightseeing & Adastra Gardens excursion - I have some trouble walking & thought this would be the best way to see Nassau...however, we have an amateur photographer with us and she'll probably want to stay at Adastra Gardens for awhile. Anyone have experience with this excursion? Is Adastra Gardens the last stop before returning to the ship? If so, would we be able to drop out of the tour and stay there longer or should I look at doing this separately? Thanks!

The more I read here, the more I wonder if we might do just as well to do the Frommer's walking tour after we get off & just spend the afternoon at Adastra Gardens on our own. We'll be in Nassau on a weekday & I think there are 3 other ships in port so we should have plenty of company! We're there from 11AM to 7 PM so I'm guessing we should have the time....

The more I read here, the more I wonder if we might do just as well to do the Frommer's walking tour after we get off & just spend the afternoon at Adastra Gardens on our own. We'll be in Nassau on a weekday & I think there are 3 other ships in port so we should have plenty of company! We're there from 11AM to 7 PM so I'm guessing we should have the time....

If you have trouble walking, the walking tour may be difficult. Especially those areas that are uphill. (everything 2 blocks south of port is on an incline).

Keep in mind that it will start getting dark early, and sunset will be around 5:20pm.

Last admittance to the Ardastra Gardens is 4:15pm.. they close at 5.

You might want to look at the walking tour and select a few things of interest.. or take a cab to the Queens staircase and fort Fincastle area at the top.. then head to the gardens.

Thank you! It's sometimes hard to tell actual distances on the map...Are cabs expensive in the Bahamas? We were thinking the staircase & Queens castle and the library (& the Hard Rock on the way back to the pier) with the hopes of hitting Adastra Gardens by about 1 PM. Thanks, too, for the warning about the sidewalks! I'm slow but still walking - and will be very careful. I just hate to go right to Adastra and not see any of Nassau. :)

Archived