Oosterdam - DVD Remotes

photomikey

Strange question, but surely someone will know.

We are on Oosterdam next week. I would like to bring a few DVDs for leisure time.

When we were on the Ryndam, none of the DVD players had remote controls, so you couldn't watch any DVDs with a menu (TV shows), only ones that went straight to the movie. We asked, and they eventually tracked one down, but the steward acted like it was the strangest request he'd ever received. (Luckily I read the CC HAL message boards, so I know it wasn't!)

Before the accusation is made, I don't plan to waste away my sea days in front of the boob tube, but I do generally fall asleep with the TV on, and the lack of programming (even to doze to) on HAL leaves me wanting DVDs.

Does the Oosterdam have DVD remotes in the room?

I too will be on the Oosterdam. With two days at sea going out and one coming back I plan on watching a few DVDs myself. I cruise to relax and rest which means reading my Nook and watching movies so you will get no flames from me.

Just got off the O a couple weeks ago and yes there was a remote for the DVD player. Then again, I have always had a remote even on the smaller ships. I am surprised about your experience on the other ship.

Now, I never asked anyone else if they had a remote, because most people don't pay attention - and as you say, you can get flamed about the TV thing.

Good luck - have a great trip. The service was awesome on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived