Changing Cabins With Accompanying Children

We are taking two grandsons with us on a spring cruise. RCL will not book juveniles together, so our TA booked one boy(15) with me, the other (14) with my wife into two cabins just across the hall from each other. I presume the cabin steward will look the oher way if we put the grandsons together, so grandma and I can share a cabin? Perhaps a tip up front is in order to ensure steward's compliance! Figure swapping door cards is no-brainer, so long as we each have the correct ones in hand for embark/debark in port stops. Anyone else confronted and solved this problem?

have you thought of adjoining cabins? I am not so sure they will allow kids in the same cabin ALONE... this is a safety issue and I would assume there are some maritime laws or regulations prohibiting that which would make the cabinstaff uninklined to comply tip or not... they also do have 4 person cabins you know, thats what I have done with the kids :) just my 1½ cents worth :)

So long as the rooms are next door or immediately opposite RCI will book the children in one and the adults in the other. If the rooms are not then it has to be adult + child in each room and no, you will not be able to swap when you are onboard. That is the official line.

Can't you find rooms that fit this?

When you board the ship, they will give you the correct keys for whoever you want in either room. This "an adult must be in each room" thing is for BOOKING purposes only....they know you'll switch, and they don't care. And, they do NOT have to be right next door or across the hall from each other....

This is done ALL the time..it's not a problem.

we have done this, they gave us duplicate room only keys for the adults so we had keys for the room we were actually staying in. depending on ages though you really dont want them too far away.we have two rooms booked on our next cruise and the kids that are coming are 19 and 20 but because not 21 they are making us book one adult in each room.

Archived