Luggage Tags

angelka123

Just did our online check in and it's asking me to print our luggage tags. Seriously??? Seems kind of cheap, I mean all other cruiselines we've used mailed our tags to us and they had adhesive on them. Are we just supposed to use scotch tape? :confused:

printing our tags has got to be the norm lately. We printed on 8x10 photo paper, very stiff and punched a hole, used small tiewraps to secure to the handle. I think some lines will still mail but they might charge extra.

Just did our online check in and it's asking me to print our luggage tags. Seriously??? Seems kind of cheap, I mean all other cruiselines we've used mailed our tags to us and they had adhesive on them. Are we just supposed to use scotch tape? :confused:

Print them, trifold them, then staple them onto your luggage, of course after you fly in to the departure city. I place two; one on the handle and the other on the 'top handle' in addition to placing one inside my luggage and any zipper pockets. By having the ability to print tags, I have as many as I want. Princess just sends two or three per passenger.

Carnival doesn't mail out documents anymore unless you want to pay a $25 fee.

I just print the tags out and then use packing tape to attach the tags to the luggage.

Some people like to laminate the tags, but I think that is a waste. You can do the same with packing tape.

You can also just wait until you get to the port and get some tags from the porters.

Thanks for responding - I guess I will use clear packing tape. Also, as a sidenote question...Trying to do our online check in and it won't let me print out my individual sail pass, is this because the other member in my cabin must do theirs now also? Thanks.

Thanks for responding - I guess I will use clear packing tape. Also, as a sidenote question...Trying to do our online check in and it won't let me print out my individual sail pass, is this because the other member in my cabin must do theirs now also? Thanks.

Yes, everyone in the cabin must complete the info before it will let you print your boarding passes.

Some people like to laminate the tags, but I think that is a waste. You can do the same with packing tape.

I like to laminate our tags and hardly consider it a waste. After I have printed them, cut along the lines and folded them in half, I use a 5 mil. letter size laminating sheet. I can laminate up to 6 tags on one sheet, which only costs about 20 cents. They look great and are indestructible.

I think you will find most cruise lines are switching to having you print your luggage tags. We also use the photo paper, punch a hole in them and attach with the zip ties. Works well.

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't want to "do it yourself", I've noticed a few other threads on this forum that recommend these : Cruise Luggage Tag Holders They seem pretty sturdy and reusable.

Just wanted to let you all know that I used these tag holders on my cruise this past week. I put the plastic tag on our suitcases in Chicago and kept them on the whole time and all the way back to Chicago. I liked having the tag as it was a good way to identify our luggage. They are still perfect - you can bend them and pull on them and no problems. I plan to use them for all air travel even when not cruising because you can print out your itinerary and fold it into the tag holder.

Gail

Archived