Half moon cay

Hawaiidan

We were at HMC yesterday on Eurodam and it was great to be the only ship. It was a picture perfect, beautiful beach day and was glorious. We had a fabulous day. Because we were only Eurodam there, we got to use both the Henry Hudson and Ann Bonny so tendering was fast and easy.

GREAT day in Paradise. Beach was exquisite, water was heart stopping beautiful turquoise and barbeque was delicious. (They changed the cole slaw and potato salad :D and we liked it. Fruit was fresh and plentiful and sweet and juicy. Barbeque was terrific.

I have been to HMC about 6 times. The first 5 times never got off the ship. Big mistake! The last time there my wife and I hooked up with a CC member and he invited us to his cabana. We accepted his invitation and my wife and I had a great time. This January I have reserved my own cabana and have invited my CC friends to join us. We are looking forward to a day in the sun.

bob

What is the difference in the cabanas besides the color? How do you know where they are located? Never having been on Half Moon Cay, I don't know which one to book?? Inquiring minds want to know:)

Except for the first cabana, there's no real difference between the others. Color and distance down the beach are the only differences.

The first cabana is handicap accessible, as there is an entrance with no stairs.

If you do a search, you should be able to find a map detailing the colors, and corresponding cabana numbers. You can make a selection based on distance down the beach, access to rest rooms, distance to food pavillion, and---most important---what's available.

We are fortunate to live close to the beach in Florida. We can drive to the ocean in less time than it takes to tender to Half Moon Cay. But...

I always make it my business to get off the ship, take a stroll to the chapel, and spend a moment thanking my Maker for blessing us with our cruise. :D

In my opinion it's better to stay on the island to eat if you're going to return. By the time you pick up your "stuff", return to the tender dock, board and wait for everyone else to board, return to the ship, disembark the tender, go and get lunch, and reverse the process---you could have eaten on shore quicker.

The tender ride is about 10 minutes, but when the tender is filling to near capacity (early heading over, late heading back), that takes longer.

Thank you for the infomation Ruth! :D

Except for the first cabana, there's no real difference between the others. Color and distance down the beach are the only differences.

The first cabana is handicap accessible, as there is an entrance with no stairs.

If you do a search, you should be able to find a map detailing the colors, and corresponding cabana numbers. You can make a selection based on distance down the beach, access to rest rooms, distance to food pavillion, and---most important---what's available.

Ruth

Thanks for the info but where do I search? Is it on HAL's website or on Cruise Critic?

Ruth

Thanks for the info but where do I search? Is it on HAL's website or on Cruise Critic?

Cruise Critic. Please don't ask me where, but somewhere on this site---it's been posted several times over the years---there is a photo of the cabanas, with the corresponding colors and numbers.

It's really helpful as some of the color names aren't true to the color/shade one would expect.

Maybe you'll get real lucky, and someone who remembers exactly what I'm talking about can put their finger (cursor?) on it quickly, and post a link.

Archived