Pre-cruise Hotel in Miami

Ginger Pop

I always use Priceline; if you are not picky about wanting a particular hotel it is the way to go. You can get a nice hotel for dirt cheap. Even if you do not end up with free breakfast or a shuttle, you will save so much money on the room you still end up ahead. Hotwire is another good site to use as well; the savings isn't quite as good, but still good savings and Hotwire is easier to use than Priceline. If you want to get amenities such as free breakfast you are best of bidding on a lower star hotel; usually if you go with a four star hotel you get a really nice hotel, but the nicer hotels have fewer freebies. Be advised that with Priceline and Hotwire your reservation is non-refundable and can't be changed.

You will find tons of info and recs on the Florida Departures board.:)

YOu will need to look at airport hotels for shuttles. Blud Lagoon area is nice and popular too.

OOPS, I meant the BLUE Lagoon....not blud.....ha...Sounds good for Halloween tho!:D Sorry:o

We booked the doubletree (owned by hilton) online for $169 for the night before.

It includes shuttle and free parking for one week ($20 daily at port) and it's a balcony room. You have to book online and it will say "Cruise and park" package. There is a cruise package that has breakfast and shuttle if you aren't bringing your vehicle, for the same price. Personally, I don't want the "free" breakfast because it is normally powdered eggs and such.

We were booked further up the coast near a friends house for much cheaper, but paying for parking didn't make sense to me, if I was still going to stay at a hotel regardless. Don't book through travelocity...they are a nightmare if you have to cancel. (first time I've ever had problems)

It's not a "cheap" rate, but I only stay in 'nicer' hotels anymore after a bedbug incident five years ago.

Can anyone tell me if they stayed at a reasonably priced hotel before a cruise out of Miami? Hoping to get a shuttle either to hotel or ship and free breakfast. :)

I don't know what dates you are wanting, but we got the Intercontinental Miami which is on the bay in downtown Miami for $84/night on Last Minute Travel dot com. If you do a search on the website and choose 5 stars it will be the first one that pops up. They don't have free shuttle or breakfast, but it's a close walk to Bayside Market for food and taxi is around $15 (I think) to the port. For the price we paid for the 5 star hotel, it's a steal.

Can anyone tell me if they stayed at a reasonably priced hotel before a cruise out of Miami? Hoping to get a shuttle either to hotel or ship and free breakfast. :)

This motel provides a free shuttle to/from the airport, and if you stay the night before the cruise and night after returning from the cruise, you can leave your car there for no cost (14 days), a small amount for extra days. Also, cost is half of other hotels mentioned in this posting.

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Miami Airport West

8730 North West 27th St

Miami, FL 33172

Phone: 1-305-436-0830

Fax: 1-305-436-0840

Archived