Solstice TA October 2011 Code Red

dmk

We've been discussing on our roll call whether this might be another p* match between Spain and the cruise lines again over VAT. Aren't those three ships repositioning from Barcelona around that time frame? Spain argued last year that if the cruise originated in Spain it was subject to VAT the entire voyage, even if it ultimately ended up in Florida.

Guess we will find out what's going on sooner or later.

This problem seems to be affecting the Infinity as well. There are no prices listed for Jan 2, 31, Feb 13 & 27. It looks like they are still selling Jan 16, which is the cruise we are on.

Hi Emileg !

That's very interesting, but it's unrelated to what's going on with the Winter 2011 issue, as Infinity's sailings are in early 2011.

Now, what's going on with Infinity ? That's another item to keep an eye on.

We too are booked on the Solstice's Transatlantic crossing on Oct 23rd. So, we're watching this closely.

However, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with a Survey that Celebrity sent out last week asking for opinions on 4 new Itineraries they were considering adding out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

I should have printed them but if my mind serves me right one was a 14 day deep Southern Caribbean including stops in Curacao and Antigua (can't remember the rest), a 9 or 10 day from Miami/Ft Laud to Bermuda, another one to Bermuda including stops in San Juan and St Thomas also from Miami/Ft Laud. and the last one was something with Guatemala.

Hmm... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully they will announce something soon... :o

We too are booked on the Solstice's Transatlantic crossing on Oct 23rd. So, we're watching this closely.

However, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with a Survey that Celebrity sent out last week asking for opinions on 4 new Itineraries they were considering adding out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

I should have printed them but if my mind serves me right one was a 14 day deep Southern Caribbean including stops in Curacao and Antigua (can't remember the rest), a 9 or 10 day from Miami/Ft Laud to Bermuda, another one to Bermuda including stops in San Juan and St Thomas also from Miami/Ft Laud. and the last one was something with Guatemala.

Make sure you check our roll call for the Oct 23 TA:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190427

You'll want to check out the 3 stooges ahead of time :D.

Larry, AKA George

If you do book this cruise, come on over to the Roll Call. We have a huge group booked on this cruise and a healthy Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1166949&page=104

Thanks!... you do seem to be a party hearty crowd :cool:

We are depositing on it today..... our cabin is 8289... we wanted to be behind the humps to avoid too much wind, be on the port side for the sun, yet not too far from the elevators... (we Floridians can sometimes be like delicate hothouse flowers, can't we? :D)

Anny, they still have to get the Solstice back to the States; how would those new itineraries have anything to do with that?

I know that! However, they can change the actual date of the crossing as well as the itinerary itself. Plus the fact that they pulled the Caribbean sailings in Nov and the first one in Dec let's me believe that they are making changes to the current deployment.

Andy, why do you feel it's not the VAT issue?

Anny, they still have to get the Solstice back to the States; how would those new itineraries have anything to do with that?

Several of the effected cruises are Fort Lauderdale round trip and not European at all...

I rather doubt sailings from Miami/Ft.Lauderdale to Bermuda, since I believe that Celebrity will no longer depart from Fl., in the summer of 2011. (i.e. Mid April-end of October). Obviously, a sailing at any other time would be too cold.

I wonder if they are moving a ship to the Middle East / Dubai. Lots of the other companies now run routes there, it's almost an anomaly that Celebrity do not. Whilst I'd love that as I'd like to see the area and do so from a Celebrity ship, I hope it doesn't scupper our, and everyone else's current bookings.

I can access the booking through "My Reservations", but on the summary page it is now headed "12 Night Mediterranean Cruise Onboard Celebrity Sosltice". Within it is still a 14 night Transatlantic. I do have another booking for a 12 night Med cruise in June 2011 which may have confused things. All will be clear soon.

Phil

Went into our reservation -- it shows 12 night Med. When I click to manage my reservation it comes up 14 night TA. When I click the calendar it comes up as follows:

10/23 - Barcelona, Spain - depart 5:00 pm

10/24 - Nice (Villefranche), France - arrive 10:00 am; depart 8:00 pm

10/25 - Florence/Pisa(Livorno),Italy - arrive 7:00 am; depart 7:00 pm

10/26 - Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy - arrive 7:00 am; depart 7:00 pm

10/27 - Naples/Capri, Italy - arrive 7:00 am; depart 7:00 pm

10/28 - At Sea

10/29 - Dubrovnik, Croatia - arrive 7:00 am; depart 5:00 pm

10/30 - Venice, Italy - arrive 2:00 pm

10/31 - Venice, Italy - depart 1:30 pm

11/01 - Kotor, Montenegro - arrive 10:00 am; depart 6:00 pm

11/02 - At Sea

11/03 - At Sea

11/04 - Barcelona, Spain - arrive 6:00 am

Wonder what the 11/04 cruise is?? TA??

I can access the booking through "My Reservations", but on the summary page it is now headed "12 Night Mediterranean Cruise Onboard Celebrity Sosltice". Within it is still a 14 night Transatlantic. I do have another booking for a 12 night Med cruise in June 2011 which may have confused things. All will be clear soon.

Phil

You are absolutely correct. This is the new itinerary showing under "My Reservations" for the Solstice on Oct 23rd.

Sun, Oct 23, 2011

Barcelona, Spain

Mon, Oct 24, 2011

Nice (Villefranche), France

Tue, Oct 25, 2011

Florence/Pisa(Livorno),Italy

Wed, Oct 26, 2011

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Thu, Oct 27, 2011

Naples/Capri, Italy

Fri, Oct 28, 2011

At Sea

Sat, Oct 29, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Sun, Oct 30, 2011

Venice, Italy

Mon, Oct 31, 2011

Venice, Italy

Tue, Nov 01, 2011

Kotor, Montenegro

Wed, Nov 02, 2011

At Sea

Thu, Nov 03, 2011

At Sea

Fri, Nov 04, 2011

Barcelona, Spain

I wonder if they are moving a ship to the Middle East / Dubai. Lots of the other companies now run routes there, it's almost an anomaly that Celebrity do not. Whilst I'd love that as I'd like to see the area and do so from a Celebrity ship, I hope it doesn't scupper our, and everyone else's current bookings.

I would not concern myself with this scenario, as Celebrity has always been fair and accomodating. Actually, this situation has brought a considerable amount of levity into the lives of all of us.

My reservation showed the same change in itinerary as cruizinpooh. Now half hour later, I can't get into it.

This happened to us a few years ago on a TA when they changed the date of the TA.

The new Med cruise would be amazing if they kept the same pricing as the TA.

It could very well be schedule changes. Keeping the ships in Europe longer.... or shorter.. thus having to Code Red the sailings until they get it all sorted out.

Hopefully, can find out more when Inventory is open in the am.

Hi Babette:) I hope you will get back to us with any news that you get. You are always such a wealth of information.

Archived