Solstice TA October 2011 Code Red

dmk

Well - all's well that ends well!

My already exciting trip from Istanbul to Barcelona (11 nights) is now a brilliant sounding 12 night round trip to the Holy Land from Istanbul!

25th October - Istanbul

26th Oct - Istanbul (depart 2pm)

27th Oct - Athens (arrive 11am, depart 8pm)

28th Oct - At sea

Sat 29th Oct - Alexandria, Egypt (arrive 7am)

Sun 30th Oct - Alexandria Egypt (depart 7pm)

Mon 31st Oct - Jerusalem (arrive 11am)

Tue 1st November - Jerusalem (depart 10pm)

Wed 2nd Nov - At sea

Thurs 3rd Nov - Rhodes (arrive 8am, depart 6pm)

Fri 4th Nov - Ephesus (arrive 7am, depart 6pm)

5th Nov - at sea

6th Nov - Istanbul

Three 2 day stays in three amazing cities sounds like a great itinerary to me. I'm pleased. I hope everyone else has a good outcome.

Thanks for your comments, jackdiamond - I've read so many of your helpful posts. Can I ask you one more question - am I right in thinking that I should be able to stay in the same cabin at the same price? We booked the previously advertised cruise in a cabin that we wouldn't usually be able to stretch to, overlooking the wake but the Istanbul to Barcelona trip was at a great price. I love this new route and it would be great to know we'd be able to be in the same cabin.

Best wishes to all,

Thom

They are keeping the ships in the Med longer.

It'll be a couple of days before it's all straightened out.

Those who are currently booked will be reaccommodated first. I haven't gotten the details as of yet.

But just as I had expected, keeping ships in the Med longer means making more money.

We have a cruise booked for the Solstice Nov. 13, 2011 Western Caribbean sailing. I phoned Celebrity yesterday to inquire about all the cabins being sold out. The first Celebrity rep indicated that the Nov. 6 and Nov. 20 cruises were cancelled for maintenance but that my cruise on Nov. 13 was still sailing. I knew this was not correct so I called back and was told the cruises are on hold and no more info is available at this time. Still not satisfied with the answer I phoned our Celebrity PVP and she indicated that it was a revenue/accounting maintenance issue and would be corrected soon. I'm still not sure I have the correct answer.

Those who are currently booked will be reaccommodated first. I haven't gotten the details as of yet.

But just as I had expected, keeping ships in the Med longer means making more money.

Thanks, Babette. That is my impression. I know it has happened to us once before.

I have a question for you. I booked cruise A at $$$'s . Now, cruise A doesn't exist for me in that time slot. Celebrity has put my reservations in cruise B...same time slot different cruise and I'm sure different $'s. If I should decide to accept cruise B, what would the cruise cost...the same as the original cruise A or the newly priced cruise B.

Phew...I hope I explained myself properly!:D

We have a cruise booked for the Solstice Nov. 13, 2011 Western Caribbean sailing. I phoned Celebrity yesterday to inquire about all the cabins being sold out. The first Celebrity rep indicated that the Nov. 6 and Nov. 20 cruises were cancelled for maintenance but that my cruise on Nov. 13 was still sailing. I knew this was not correct so I called back and was told the cruises are on hold and no more info is available at this time. Still not satisfied with the answer I phoned our Celebrity PVP and she indicated that it was a revenue/accounting maintenance issue and would be corrected soon. I'm still not sure I have the correct answer.

We are also booked on this cruise....our first time cruising Celebrity and at the moment I'm a little anxious :eek: as to what this is going to mean to the cruise we booked a month ago. We keep trying to do the Western Caribbean itinerary and forces keep working against us every time we try to book it. We got a fabulous price on a C1 so I will be watching this thread closely and praying that all works out soon!

Thanks, Babette. That is my impression. I know it has happened to us once before.

I have a question for you. I booked cruise A at $$$'s . Now, cruise A doesn't exist for me in that time slot. Celebrity has put my reservations in cruise B...same time slot different cruise and I'm sure different $'s. If I should decide to accept cruise B, what would the cruise cost...the same as the original cruise A or the newly priced cruise B.

Phew...I hope I explained myself properly!:D

It is not a computer glitch. I spoke with my Cel rep today.

RE Cruise A vs Cruise B. Really can't say until they give us the details. With these sailings being from little less than a year out... to over a year out... can't say.

It'll be a couple of days before they make the official statement.

We are also booked on the Solstice November 13th, 2011. We missed our western itinerary ports on the 10/10/10 sailing because of Hurricane Paula and booked the same itinerary while we were on board for next year. We're anxiously waiting to find out what's happening with our cruise.

Any word on what's happening? I've been too busy at work to call Celebrity. I am assuming at this point our November 6, 2011 Eastern Caribbean will be cancelled. Bummer -- I have 2 cabins booked (AQ hump cabins 1610 & 1608) PLUS for a fun pre-Solstice cruise we decided to book Millenium the week before for a 5 day Western Caribbean and snagged 6143 and 6144 for that cruise. This is a bit of wrench but like I said -- go with the flow.:rolleyes:

Babette, as usual thanks for keeping us informed.

Phil

I noticed that my Eclipse 30 Oct 2011 TA is still intact. I hope they don't change anything because I'm going to be booking my air next month.

I would hold off till things get sorted out... and unless your using FF miles it's still early to book flights...Just my 2 cents:p

CC

Yesterday my 11-7-11 Equinox TA was relisted in my reservation as an 11 night Med cruise. Today it shows that I don't have a reservation at all.... :(

Same thing for our Solstice 10-23-11 WB TA, changed to a Med cruise last night…went puff overnight so now we have NO RESERVATIONS!:(

Just going to wait until the dust settles I guess.:rolleyes:

Joel

Yeah, our reservation went poof as well. How many times do we have to do this to get the dining arrangements set for the Stooges :D?

Larry AKA George

Oh Larry AKA George… Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm! :rolleyes:

So I guess it will have to be one MOE time!:D

Moe AKA Joel

Same thing for our Solstice 10-23-11 WB TA, changed to a Med cruise last night…went puff overnight so now we have NO RESERVATIONS!:(

Just going to wait until the dust settles I guess.:rolleyes:

Joel

Yeah, our reservation went poof as well. How many times do we have to do this to get the dining arrangements set for the Stooges :D?

Larry AKA George

It's not too late to come back to Eclipse in Oct 2011. All Stooges welcomed. :D

it is not a computer glitch. I spoke with my cel rep today.

Re cruise a vs cruise b. Really can't say until they give us the details. With these sailings being from little less than a year out... To over a year out... Can't say.

It'll be a couple of days before they make the official statement.

Sent a note to our TA (who was on vacation but one of the others responded). She had another thing to talk about with a Celebrity rep and brought this up. Celebrity rep was clueless, just said there is sales meeting on Monday so we might not hear more till then.

I don't understand why these types of things can't be more "seamless". Get it done instead of prolonging it :confused:.

Archived