Public Thank You to Epic Crew

JimInBuffalo

We recently returned from our Epic 2-week Back-To-Back cruise from Oct 9-23rd. During both weeks we really enjoyed the ship and the entertainment but were most impressed with then crew.

Everyone from the Captain, the Entertainment Director (Julie), the Hotel Director (Denis), our two Cruise Directors (Silas and Paul), down to the wait staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great time.

All of the senior staff attended the Cruise Critic "Meet and Greet"s that we participated in. Each time, they handed out cards with names and phone numbers of all the directors and asked us to call them if there was anything wrong so that they could correct it while we were on the ship. They wanted to be proactive so that we would not go away disappointed.

Not only were they attentive to us as Cruise Critic and/or Lattitudes members but many actually remembered us from previous NCL cruises and could actually tell us what ship they had seen us on. They engaged us in conversations that made us feel like family and felt that they were genuine in their concern that we were having a good time. It was amazing to us that out of all the people that they see on all the other ships that they could remember us.

If you are going on a cruise in the near future I suggest that you get in touch with others on your cruise in advance through this board. Attend the meet and greet on board the ship (usually scheduled for the first sea day) and take advantage of the offer by the crew to be there for you. the crew members attend these meetings as well as the "Lattitudes" cocktail receptions and take time to talk personally to attendees.

Once again, thank you to the staff for making our cruise the best that we have had on NCL.

Jim In Buffalo

That is a very nice public thank you! I remember a question was asked of NCL cruisers a while ago why many return to NCL. You just explained one of the main reasons. I would love to figure out just how they do it. They clearly surpass the competition in this area of remembering their guests.

coka

..Adding my Thank You to the crew, as well!

We were on the 2nd week of Jim's cruise (HI JIM!!) and agree that the senior staff and every crew member that we came in contact with was incredibly approachable & friendly! They genuinely seemed to care about the passengers, not just give lip service. That is what makes NCL special!

:D

I mentioned in my review, which I also mailed to NCL, after sailing on the Epic 9/25 as a first time NCL cruiser, that the service from the staff was impeccable. It is certainly part of what makes a vacation. Thank you NCL and staff!

Same expirience here, we were on the Oct 2 cruise. I was very much impressed when the restaurant manager and executive chef went table to table one night in the Manahatten room asking everyone if everything was good. We had some bad service in O'Sheehans, we mentioned that to the restaurant manager and he apologized and set my wife and I up with a very special dinner and bottle of wine in La Cucina. My hats off to the entire staff on Epic, they are the best.

I too need to Thank the crew!!

We were on the epic On Sept 11-18th.

The crew was the best we have EVER experienced!

There was always someone there to greet you with a smile and a hello no matter where you were on the ship.

I have never been so impressed!

Kudos to the EPIC crew!

Wonderful Job!

Thank you for making my experience be so positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mentioned in my review, which I also mailed to NCL, after sailing on the Epic 9/25 as a first time NCL cruiser, that the service from the staff was impeccable. It is certainly part of what makes a vacation. Thank you NCL and staff!

I've composed a long review of our Oct. 16th sailing and I'm just about ready to post it. Thanks for the idea of mailing a copy of your review to NCL. I think I will do that. What address did you mail your review to?

Having spent 14 very enjoyable days on Epic starting on July 24, I can only wholeheartedly echo the previous posters' sentiments. clapping.gif

On Epic we found the same type of friendly, outgoing and hardworking crew that we had previously encountered on Norwegian Dawn.

Having subsequently spent 10 days on QM2 (with a very lackluster team), we even more appreciate the terrific NCL crews phil_16.gif

Hey Jim how are you doing!

Some of those names are familiar from our trip on the Pearl last February, well I think Denis and Julie are at any rate. Nice to hear from you again. Tony and I have booked the epic for June 2011 so I am reading everything Epic at the moment.

Jean + Tony from the UK

Archived