Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Shuttle from Airport

Tinkerbell

We have a late arriving flight 10:48 pm. I am looking for a clean cheaper hotel near the airport that would pick us up that late. I have never been to Ft. Lauderdale so I really can use come help on this one. Thank you in advance for any tips or advise.

I would focus on the 17th Street/Downtown Hotels. Several moderately priced chain hotels on a very wide street, surrounded drug stores where you can buy last minute items the next day. Hotels would be Hyatt Place, Marriott and Hilton brands. Convenient and inexpensive. Most have free shuttles from FLL. Good luck!:)

TAXI:

In Fort Lauderdale it is only a 10 - 15 minute ride from the Airport to

the hotels on 17th Street and or to the port.

It also is about a 10 minute ride from the hotels on 17th street to the port.

A taxi will cost $14 to $15 dollars including the tip for the ride. (Not per person).

SHUTTLE:

We took a shuttle to Holiday Inn Express Convention Center on 17th ONCE! Never again.

Our timing was wrong. Shuttle had just gone by when we came out and by the time they pick everyone up, go back to the hotel, drop everyone off, wait for new people to take to the airport, drop them off, then come back around it was almost 1.5 hours we waited!!

Highly recommend taking a taxi and not worry about a free shuttle unless you have a large group with lots of luggage.

Archived