Guest Information Form question

Sheltieluv

Good morning--

When I filled out the Guest Information form online for our upcoming April cruise, I did not include my husband's middle name. Middle names are not required on the form, but should I call Regent (the only way to modify passport information is to call them) and have them include his middle name?

The reason I ask is because I know that the TSA rules state that middle names are to be used and boarding passes MUST match the complete names on the passport or boarding may be denied for flights. Could this happen to us at embarkation? Am I concerned over nothing because Regent's form doesn't require the inclusion of his middle name?

Thanks for your advice!:)

I would pick up the phone and give them a call....the world IS changing and the security concerns are showing up in all our travels. Regent's online site has a history of trouble so it does not surprise me that it has not been corrected to require the latest TSA requirements.

As your trip is not until April you have alot of time to correct this but sooner is better than later as you don't want them to have the wrong info when they finally purchase your plane tickets..

Enjoy your travels.....Regent will spoil you for any other cruiseline!

We had the exact same concern on 10/3 Voyager sailing. We had booked air through Regent, and they had long since ticketed our itinerary, so no name changes could be made. Our TA assured us everything would be fine, and it absolutely was fine - the air AND embarkation to the ship. I don't think you need to worry, but it might make you feel better to contact Regent about it anyway.

Thanks for your replies; I appreciate the advice. I think I will give them a call just to be on the safe side. Probably in the not-too-distant future they will require the names on the form match passport names exactly, and require the middle name on their online guest information.

(Wendy--the online form allows changes/editing only for things like emergency contact, etc. Anything that has to do w/ passport information is not accessible, unfortunately. Regent has to be contacted directly.)

Thanks again for your help!:)

(Wendy--the online form allows changes/editing only for things like emergency contact, etc. Anything that has to do w/ passport information is not accessible, unfortunately. Regent has to be contacted directly.)

Thanks again for your help!:)

That's interesting. I just checked the Guest Information Form for our upcoming cruise in December and the passport information was completely accessible as it has been in the past. The name information was not accessible and there was a note saying to call Regent if your name information did not match your passport.

Dave

Dave--You are correct--The only thing not accessible is the name section; the other sections can be changed. Guess I didn't scroll down far enough...:rolleyes: Thanks for pointing it out!

I've been on "My Account" section a few times today, and it's strange--sometimes the April 15 cruise doesn't even show up under my "booked cruises" and I have to re-enter the information; other times it is there. Regent glitch?

At any rate, I'm going to call Regent and have them add DH's middle name.

Right. I'll be revisiting that page soon, since our apis information will be changing (I'm going to be changing our flights to stay in FLA for a few days after our cruise, it's a non-US thing.) If I knew that the name couldn't be changed, I had forgotten--our TA takes care of making this type of change for us I guess.

Archived