5:30 a.m. arrival / Hotel check-in at 2pm

Kuikahi

Hi everyone,

After reading many posts on this forum (thank you), I have decided to book a two night pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinental Papeete. My flight arrives at 5:30 a.m. A day room is not an option and I don't want to pay for a 3rd night in order to check-in at 5:30 a.m.

I am wondering what my options will be during the approx. 6 hour "gap" after leaving my luggage w the concierge at the hotel?

You can just hang around the hotel. Keep your bathing suit and sunscreen packed conveniently, and just lie around the hotel, and have brunch. You will be zonked, so that's what I'd do (I once had to hang around in the airport from 6 a.m. until noon and it was h-e-double hockey sticks. At least you'll have somewhere to loll about.

Thanks Wendy. Passing the time at the hotel was my thought also. I just wanted to be certain that I wasn't missing something obvious which would make the morning miserable - like spending six hours in an airport which I've done too many times!

I would really reconsider the stay in Tahiti. I would recommend that you book on Moorea and take a cab to the ferry for the short 30 minute ferry. When you leave Moorea you can take the 3:00 pm, or earlier, which returns and departs adjacent to the ship.

Thank you for the recommendation, but the Moorea pre-stay option offered to me by PG could not be less than 5 nights. On Papeete, I had the choice of 2 or 5 nights. Hopefully the Intercontinental will not be a disappointment...

Archived