Gimme some waves !

Orient Beach in St. Martin has some decent waves. Although the best waves we've experienced are in Barbados.

We were in Barbados a few years ago. We went sailing and stopped at a beach. It was nice and calm. At dinner that night another couple was talking about the hugh waves at the beach they went to. It turns out they were on the other side of the island. DAMN! (Actually, that was one of the best excursions we have done)

I thought I remembered waves at Orient, but when I look back at my pictures the water was calm.

We were in Barbados a few years ago. We went sailing and stopped at a beach. It was nice and calm. At dinner that night another couple was talking about the hugh waves at the beach they went to. It turns out they were on the other side of the island. DAMN! (Actually, that was one of the best excursions we have done)

I thought I remembered waves at Orient, but when I look back at my pictures the water was calm.

If you ever go back to Barbados go to Accra/Rockley Beach. The waves are great but not to the point of being too dangerous. We grew up at the Jersey Shore so rough waves don't bother us. Orient Beach has had some good waves the three times we've been there. But not as good as at Accra in Barbados.

If you're at an island with an "Atlantic" side, go there....there will be rougher water than on the "Caribbean" side.

Guidebooks have that info...where the best beaches for calm water vs. waves vs. snorkeling vs. for kids......and it will tell you how to get there, and what it's likely to cost cab/bus-wise.

Archived