RCCL: Brilliance of Seas Dec 2010 'Aft Deck Three' Lge Stateroom Query

Hello experienced cruisers!

My wife and I are booked for RCCL's Egypt and Eastern Med cruise in December, and certainly looking forward to it. However, our stateroom has been allocated in the AFT of DECK THREE. Is this going to be noisy?

We have a Large Ocean View Stateroom albeit there are only two of us!

Would we be better off with a smaller stateroom but on a higher deck? Do you think RCCL would consider moving us if we asked? (we booked with them directly)

Hello experienced cruisers!

My wife and I are booked for RCCL's Egypt and Eastern Med cruise in December, and certainly looking forward to it. However, our stateroom has been allocated in the AFT of DECK THREE. Is this going to be noisy?

We have a Large Ocean View Stateroom albeit there are only two of us!

Would we be better off with a smaller stateroom but on a higher deck? Do you think RCCL would consider moving us if we asked? (we booked with them directly)

Hi

All Ocean View Cabins are the same size 170 sq ft.

Aft deck Three has the dinning room above, and if i remember the galley below, so there may be noise from both directions.

If you booked direct with RCCL and it was not a guarenteed cabin grade, watch there site daily for price drops, as you can ask for a refund or an upgrade.

If you can change the best deck is 8 (F Grade) as you have cabins above and below,plus a better view.

If you cannot, port side cabins 3060 - 3084 has the same cushion.

It never hurts to ask use free phone 0800 0182020 in the UK

tips

Sign up for Crown and Anchor plus the Meet and Mingle group, if you have not already done so.

Other tips check out the Seaview cafe, self levelling pool tables and if you have pre paid your tips, consider My Time Dining.

I am on this ship tommorrow and will check if i remember.

G

At 170 sq. ft., even a "large" stateroom is NOT big! Unless your cabin is all the way at the very end of the hall, you shouldn't get noise from above....the dining room is carpeted so there really shouldn't be any noise from above.

They divide the ship into 3 sections....Fore, midship and aft.....being in the aft section doesn't mean you're the last cabin at the rear of the ship!

I cruised on this shop on August, 2010. Depending on when you booked you may GET an upgrade without asking. The more previous cruises with RRC the better the chance of the non requested upgrade. If you are a Crown and Anchor member, call the Crown and Anchor office - you will have a better chance than with the booking operator. Good Luck. When we took our cruise (12 days) the ship had a foul, sewer smell the entire cruise. It's was horrible but what can you do? We slept with our balcony doors open every night and that seemed to help. We cruised with 3 other couple and they said their staterooms had the same smell.... surely by this time, they cleaned whatever needed to be cleaned!

Archived