Wondering about e-cig experiences

cruising maniac

Wow. These boards are amazing. I am not a smoker and have no need for e-cigs nor would I vape myself, but I had no idea about all of this. Thank you for sharing and educating those of us who were unaware. My sister and nephew do smoke cigarettes and would like to quit. I am going to share this information with them. Thanks again.

I vape almost everywhere I go and most people would never even know I'm doing it....no smell, no smoke and sometimes I just conceal the blue tip so as to not draw attention. I refuse to go back to the smoking areas to use it since I've finally rid myself of that "ashtray smell". I've been using an e-cig for over a year and a half and have never had a problem on a cruise ship....in fact, alot of the workers on the ship want to know where they can get one.

If Celebrity truly has banned them except in smoking areas, they've lost any future business with us!! On one Carnival ship (the Pride) the captain actually uses one :D

Interesting accidental "experiment" last night at a party....

My husband took out his e-cigarette and some woman, (who KNEW he was vaping, since it had been the topic of discussion earlier) insisted she could still smell it, that it was making her eyes water, and asked him to please take it outside.

He walked away.

Later that evening he stood directly behind her, blew vapors , while several people watched, to see what she would do.

She apparently smelled nothing, since it did not interrupt her conversation and did not make her eyes water.:rolleyes:

After a few minutes he walked away, looking fairly smug, I confess... :D

Some people are so conditioned to knee-jerk reactions to what they THINK, and all the explanations in the world are not going to make a dent.

I'm a non-smoker, and I think e-cigs are the best thing ever! Now smokers can vape anywhere and not bother anyone. I don't like smoke, but I do like many smokers, since several of my friends smoke. This way, we can all be happy together everywhere!

Lisa

If you read some forums specifically about E-Cigs you will get a lot of information. Sounds to me like some do smell and some can be flavored that also add to a smell. I think e-cigs should be just used in your cabin. Here are a few links:

"I know that most people say the smell while vaping is negligible but so far most of the tobacco flavored juices that I have tried have had a smell that sticks around in the room. ..." "Viking Vapor Mar-Boh Light -Not good! The scent is the only one that bothered me and it even woke me up when the husband vaped it in the room while I was sleeping."

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/115126-lingering-smell-tobacco-flavors.html

"... The stench from the office and in my wife’s car was me!! Well, my vapor anyway. I was at a loss, I have had juice I loved and juice I’ve hated, but never have I had one that had such a bad after smell...."

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/100941-flavor-smell-warning.html

They aren't going to ask you if it is ok, you aren't going to see them, and you aren't going to smell them.... so I have no idea what it is you think you would be reporting.

People who have no idea what an e-cig is, are the ones who have such definite ideas about what should be done about them... :rolleyes:

research is always a good idea when you are arguing from a position of misinformation

There was another post I replied to where someone posed the question along the lines of, "If I asked you if you'd mind if I smoked an e-cig on my balcony, would you object?" So, yes, someone might ask. If we're both at the edge of the balcony, of course I'm going to see them, same as I would see someone violating the smoking policy with a real cigarette, and therein lies the problem.

If the last two grafs were also directed at me, I know what an e-cig is. I think they should be allowed in principle, but I see difficulties in allowing their use due to the confusion at a distance with an actual cigarette, thus hindering enforcement of the smoking policy. Post#3 suggested that they would still be prohibited in public areas to limit false reports of smoking, but would be okay in a stateroom or on the balcony. My post stated why I would think that vaping on the balcony would still present a problem from an enforcement standpoint.

Archived