Last minute tips?

mafig

Well we are going to try Norwegian. Your replies and the reviews I've read make us feel it will be a good fit. :)

Will book tomorrow on the Jewel. We are leaning toward the mini suites.

I love the aft balconies. However, if one is not available I am thinking that the best place to be might be toward the front of the ship under the spa.

Do you think that would be a better location than mid ship which is under the pool area or toward the back which is under the buffet.

Opinions, please.:confused:

My friends and I are booked on the 11/6 Jewel. Prices were awesome weren't they (more so on your cruise dat but my friends didn't want to go to Ochos Rios)? They are booked in a mini-suite on Deck 11 (below a cafe #11080). Our travel agent never books anyone in a room he thinks will be loud. I would think the pool would only be loud during operation hours but it's up to you.

Sorry I can't be of more help :0(

My friends and I are booked on the 11/6 Jewel. Prices were awesome weren't they (more so on your cruise dat but my friends didn't want to go to Ochos Rios)? They are booked in a mini-suite on Deck 11 (below a cafe #11080). Our travel agent never books anyone in a room he thinks will be loud. I would think the pool would only be loud during operation hours but it's up to you.

Sorry I can't be of more help :0(

We booked 11070. It's between the pool and right before the kid's cafe.

Don't blame you about not wanting to go to Ocho Rios, we've been there, but actually only walked to the two shopping centers or Margheritaville. This time we'll take a tour; but if they dropped this stop and substituted ANYTHING else, I wouldn't mind.;)

I thought the prices were good too - especially for a new ship. The price difference for our sailing between and BA and AF was only $80 pp. No brainer for us. We also had a mini suite on the Star Princess and are used to a little larger cabin.

Thanks for the reply!:)

Suesan - I personally have never been to Ochos Rios. My friends we are cruising with were just there last October. The "girls" went on a horseback riding excursion and loved it. The "guys" walked into thee city and were approched by numerous people wanting them to buy or sell drugs. They just didn't feel safe.

If I wanted all of us to take this paticular ship, we had to do the alternate itinerary...that was the only way they would book.

I find some of the Jamaican people to be very aggressive toward us "tourists."

We have also been approached to buy drugs (and we're way over 30), and have been constantly hassled to buy tours. I can't say there was ever a time I felt unsafe, but we walked down a side street and were greeted by the sight of someone urinating against a tree.

Last time we were there we told everyone we were just killing time until we were to meet Peat Taylor to take a tour. That seemed to work, not only did they leave us alone they all asked us to convey their greetings to Peat.

So this time, we REALLY will take a tour with Peat.;)

I read a lot on the Boards about Peat. He's a popular man!

I'm just excited to go cruising again. Take my very first last year (loved the freestyle concept) and booked again as soon as I knew how much my tax refund would be. Actually, I booked before b/c the interior rooms was extemely cheap (under $500 pp) and my friends booked a mini-suite. I'll just always hang out in their room!

Archived