Orlando flight at 11:15 a.m.

trixietx

Our Freedom of the Seas cruise is arriving at Cape Canaveral on December 26th. and I have booked a flight at 11:15 out of Orlando. Will that give us enough time to get to the airport? We have cruised out of Port Canaveral before and I think our flight was around noon and we were at the airport before 10:30 a.m.:rolleyes:

Yes, we do have a pickup arranged with ExecutiveVIPlimo. We used them in February from MCO to the Sheraton in Cape Canaveral. Our plane was late and I was worried that they wouldn't be there, but they were!

Another question and I asked this a few months ago. My DH and I are arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on December 11th. to go on Allure on the 12th. We had already booked the Freedom for a family Christmas cruise on the 19th. out of Port Canaveral. We thought we could get a flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando or Melbourne, but nothing works out timewise. They are too early or too late. Does anyone know of a private carrier?

I was told to rent a car and take the turnpike. What rental car company near the port would pick us up and we could return near Port Canaveral? We are planning on disembarking as early as posible. I would like to have it pre arranged.

Our son, DIL, daughter and 3 and 6 years old grandsons are flying into Orlando on Dec. 18th. and we will meet them on the 19th. to board Freedom.

Our Freedom of the Seas cruise is arriving at Cape Canaveral on December 26th. and I have booked a flight at 11:15 out of Orlando. Will that give us enough time to get to the airport? We have cruised out of Port Canaveral before and I think our flight was around noon and we were at the airport before 10:30 a.m.:rolleyes:

You realize that you are talking about the day after Christmas - a Sunday at that. Everyone who visited someone is going to be flying home that day so that they can get to work on Monday (for those that still have jobs that is). The security line will probably stretch all the way out to the port. If you get to the airport at 10:15am, I give you a 50/50 chance of actually making it to your flight.

The traffic on that day, going to the airport, is going to be very heavy. What if the ship is late for any number of reasons (weather, mechanical, medical emergency)? 11:15 out of Orlando is tough under the best of circumstances. On Sunday, December 26, I doubt things will be running as smoothly as "normal". I hope you have a back up plan, because there are not likely to be too many empty seats on any later flights if you do miss your flight.

As a former airline employee at MCO I can tell you you're pushing your luck. Even if you DO make your flight, there's a good chance your bags wont. Coming from Port Canaveral, there's one way into the airport and plan on it being backed up...especially on Dec. 26th. I hate to be a "negative Nancy" but I'm just keeping it real. I would pay the fee for a later flight. If you miss your original, you're going to be on a standby list that probably won't go anywhere fast.

There's waayyy too much that needs to go right for you to make it. Make other plans and do it quick.

We had a flight that left at 11:25 am this past Saturday. We where picked up at 8 am by private transportation. Airport Ability to be exact was the name of the company. We got to the airport at 9 am and through security by 9:45 am. It was great we got home by 3 pm in the afternoon. You can do it if you want to. Just make sure you let the cruise know you have a early flight they will let you off first we where off the ship by 7:15 and we just waited for our transportation. I called them when we docked and they said they would be there between 7:45 and 8 am and they where there at 8 am. Very happy they picked us up from the airport and the cruise ship for 8 of us it was 288 with gratuities half the price of the cruise ship transfers

Archived