Tentatively booked on Navigator to Alaska - First time on Regent

...my sister and I will be doing an Alaska cruise in June 2011 on Oceania's Regatta instead...

I'm sailing from Anchorage to Vancouver on Regatta on June 29. If this is your cruise, there is an active roll call.

You're going to love Regatta for Alaska -- huge forward observation lounge on deck ten (Horizons Lounge) and a great after Terrace, part of the Terrace Buffet, larger than on Navigator.

However, unless you are in a Vista suite of one of the veranda cabins at the bow in between the Vista suites, there is no outdoor forward viewing deck. Other than the aft Terrace, the best outdoor viewing area is the sundeck/walking deck above the pool deck.

We are only doing Regatta's 10-day Vancouver to Vancouver June 7-17 cruise. We wanted to do Kodiak, and this is the intinerary that has it. But I was sorely tempted by the fabulous 12-day north and southbound itineraries. Next time.:) Thanks for the deck viewing tips. I'll go over to the Oceania forum now.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the July 7th Navigator sailing. The weather was cold and damp. However, the best place to be on the ship was in the aft of the ship where they have those cozy couches and electric heaters. During our day at sea, the electric heaters were all around the pool deck. Do bring warm jackets! Regent had a 1/2 price sale on some great fleece lined jackets. By day 3, every other person seemed to be wearing one. Even with the bad weather, we had a wonderful cruise. The locals that we spoke to told us that in mid-May, it was sunny and 80 degrees for over two weeks.

Archived