Imagination or Inspiration???????

nwnate

Which ship should I choose, one goes to Jamaica and Grand Caymen, Imagination, and the other to Grand Caymen and Cozumel, Insperation. Also I have heard alot about Jamaica not being safe. Any opinions on that or expierence!:)

Depends on which port is interesting to you. Bothships are the same except the decor is different.

I did Jamica on our own and we had a marvelous time. If this is the port you decide to do--check out Dunns River falls.

Hubby and I have been on only one cruise and it did all three of those ports.

Of them, Jamaica was my absolute favorite. Beautiful country!! I'm not into shopping, I go for the scenery and Jamaica has the best. We did a ship sponsored tour that included the falls, Fern Gully, and an old plantation. Took about 5 hours and it was wonderful. The only time we had to shop was after the falls there is an area were the locals sell stuff. It reminded me of a carnival were every body wants you to play thier games. If you're not interested just smile and keep walking. It was great, We are taking the kids with us in May on the Imagination. I'm sure you'll have a great time in either port.:)

Wow thats a hard one-----

The Inspiration's itinerary is better, but I like the decor on the Imagination better. The Inspiration was too dark for me, the Imagination was very bright. I would go with Imagination, despite Inspiration's port being better.

Definitly go with the Imagination, the Crew are excellent we've been on it 3 times. Great short Cruise. Believe top Carnival Corp. Execs. Sail on it too occasionally in Owners Suite. Probably why service is above most other ships.

We were just on the Inspiration and loved every second. One possible negative, however, is something that affected us. I don't know if Jamaica is a tender-port, but Grand Cayman is, and we had to miss it due to bad weather. If you dock at Jamaica, good chance you will almost guarantee two stops. I have heard others who had missed their Grand Cayman stop due to weather before. It is not completely uncommon.

But those who DID get to go have nothing but terrific compliments on the island and excursions. We are seriously considering another ride on the Inspiration just to go back to Grand Cayman and see what we missed. We still had a terrific time on board, and loved the staff - super friendly and helpful.

Either ship you go with will be good, I am sure. Tough choice! :)

• 1 year later...

I went on the Imagination in 2002 and the sea was so rough we could not get transported to Grand Cayman from the ship. We all received a $20 credit from Carnival and the ship wisely set sail immediately for Cancun so we could have extra time there. I was satisfied with that.

We sailed on the Imagination in 2005 and the Inspiration in 2006. While both were a good cruise, and no real complaints, the service on the Imagination was out of this world. The crew went above and beyond to satisfy.

I was on the inspiration and loved it. I also love Grand Cayman... But the post above is right that you take a chance with Cayman as it is a tender port. Having never done the other ship it would be hard to pick, but I will say I wouldn't hesitate to go on the inspriation again.

I'm sure you will have a blast no matter which you choose!!!!

i just got back from the imagination. i would suggest going on the imagination. the places where they dock are great and as for jamaica, i wouldn't worry too much about it as you have to be back at the ship by 3 and if you stay in a group and dont tell them your name, you should be fine

Archived