What difference will I find with Cunard to Royal Caribbean

I'm thinging about booking Voyager of the Seas in August to the Med. Having only cruised on Cunard will I notice any big differences?*I've got an option for a Junior Suite with any time dinning. How does this work? Must make a decision today.*I'm almost sure I want to try a different cruise line.*Any advice will be very greatfully received.*Thank you*Catherine

I think one big difference is that on Royal Caribbean, there is no class system. Every venue is open to everybody. There is only one main dining room. There is a charge for a couple of the venues. I think also RCI has a younger more family oriented customer base and could perhaps be more fun. You should have a great time. I would say, GO FOR IT!!!!

I think one big difference is that on Royal Caribbean, there is no class system. Every venue is open to everybody. There is only one main dining room. There is a charge for a couple of the venues. I think also RCI has a younger more family oriented customer base and could perhaps be more fun. You should have a great time. I would say, GO FOR IT!!!!

Thank cooncat, Had to make a quick decision, have gone for it.

We have booked anytime dinning, how does that work?

I've been reading some reviews on here, I like the fact that they have good shows on an evening. Everybody seems to go on more than once, so it must be good.

Catherine

Another big difference is RCL is a LOT less formal, while they do have formal nights they will be more toned down then Cunnard, more suits then tuxes more cocktails dress than formal ball gowns.

Hi Sue L, Thanks for that, I've got a mixture of long and cocktail length dresses. Still have plenty of time to add to my wardrobe.

I used to wear a nice top and trousers for nights out at home. Now since doing the cruising thing a much prefer dresses. They are much more comfortable after eating all that lovely food whilst onboard.

Catherine

Hi Sue L, Thanks for that, I've got a mixture of long and cocktail length dresses. Still have plenty of time to add to my wardrobe.

I used to wear a nice top and trousers for nights out at home. Now since doing the cruising thing a much prefer dresses. They are much more comfortable after eating all that lovely food whilst onboard.

Catherine

I totally agree and since we don't have a lot of chances to dress up at home I love wearing my best. This past cruise I did one night full length gown and the other night cocktail dress and I wasn't alone either night.

North east girl -

Anytime dining works the same as the grille suites or AA on Cunard.

About to do our first Cunard in a Q6 in November.

Hi SeaPeaInn, We have done Princess Grill twice on QM2 and just loved it.

The Queens Grill is the next step up, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Not to long for you to wait. Where are you going?

Catherine

I just booked the voyager of the seas for next August today too! Although, I'll be squeezed in an interior room. Did you book with the free flight offer?

Yes we booked with the free flight offer from Manchester.

Have a look at the roll call board i've put the August trip on there. Hope a few will join to have a meet and greet.

Catherine

Although it's been a number of years since I was on Cunard (QE2) the food on Cunard is superior to the food on Royal Caribbean. The atmosphere on Royal Caribbean is much more relaxed as well. I hope you enjoy it.

I would love to go back on Cunard, but my husband prefers to relax and NOT dress up on vacation. Hence, we have gone on more Royal Caribbean cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think one big difference is that on Royal Caribbean, there is no class system. Every venue is open to everybody.

I'm only reading this thread to learn about Cunard, but this was one thing I liked about my first RCI cruises, but I see them headed away with special pool chairs for suite guests, seats in shows and cabanas on the private islands. A change I don't approve of.

Although it's been a number of years since I was on Cunard (QE2) the food on Cunard is superior to the food on Royal Caribbean. The atmosphere on Royal Caribbean is much more relaxed as well. I hope you enjoy it.

I would love to go back on Cunard, but my husband prefers to relax and NOT dress up on vacation. Hence, we have gone on more Royal Caribbean cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi basisqueen, Thanks for the tip on the food. Will have to see what we think of it.

I must admit we have had very good experiences on all the trips we have taken on QM2. The food has been excellent, especially in Princess Grill.

Catherine

Archived