::: Review::: Emerald Princess 10/19-10/29 Eastern Caribbean

jillocb

Jill,

I've just read the last of your remarks and I'm on "our" ship all over again. We ate in the International Cafe twice before excursions, so I've had the apple turnovers and another pastry with chocolate on the inside and almonds on the outside. And, yes, we paid for the coffee-we didn't have a card, but it was worth it.

Your closet area and bathroom were set up like ours. It was flipped for us this time. It was usually on the left as we went into the cabin. Same with the Ruby. I agree that the bed was comfortable.

The Emerald is the first ship we've repeated so we really like it. And, we've been on the Aloha deck before in a cabin and I always have enjoyed that special voice as I stepped out of the elevator.

So, this cruise is over. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time on your honeymoon. I bet we saw you at the aft pool because that was our favorite place to be-to eat in the evening and watch the sunset!!

Take care. Lynne "Aloha"

Thank you very much for your review and pictures. Eight of us will be on the Emerald to celebrate a birthday, embarking on November 28, same itinerary as yours. We are trying to figure out if the birthday falls on a formal night. Do you remember which nights the formal were? Thanks again

On the second sea day - Thursday - we enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. If you haven't heard of it, it's a dinner for two that they will bring to your stateroom and give you a private server for the duration. You get 6 courses, 2 specialty drinks and a split of wine (half bottle, pretty much). It is $50 per person - no extra charge added to that. We tipped our server $20. It's the most amazing dinner we have ever had.

The waiter arrived at 6:30pm on the dot and set up a table with a white tablecloth and flowers on our balcony. He set out a table setting for 2. Then he brought in the photographer. You get a photo included in the price of the dinner. They took about 12 pictures and we got to choose which one we wanted.

IMG_0205.jpg

Triple Berry Daiquiri, my vice

IMG_0209.jpg

First Course: Canapes

IMG_0210.jpg

Second Course: Appetizer

Blue Crab Quiche. These were amazing. Just the right amount of crab flavor in them - not too fishy, not too bland. Tomato rose on the right, pasta sauce on the left.

IMG_0219.jpg

About now we started thinking that maybe we shouldn't have eaten any bread....

Third Course: Salad

The word amazing is going to escape my mouth too many times in this post. This salad was to die for. Huge chunks of goat cheese. Amazing dressing that was just the right consistency and flavor. Endive leaves, candied almonds. Yum.

IMG_0222.jpg

We have never done the UBD but after reading and then seeing that salad with all that yummy goat cheese??? OMG So doing this next cruise YUM :)

great review....

Archived