Purchasing a 2011 Cruise

dadecitycruiser

Going on the Eurodam next week and was wondering if there is a bargin to be had while on board purchasing direct from HAL or should we continue to look around the web for pricing as we have done in the past. I only ask because I saw some threads of HAl controlling pricing. We need good deals to cruise yearly and certainly do not want to pay materially more than the person next door.

Thanks;

Dade City Cruiser

When you book with the FCC aboard you can reserve any cruise for $100 per person total deposit. Once you are back you can change the cruise if you want and still only have to have $100 pp on deposit. Then you can (shop your booking around) get bids on the cruise price and switch it to the best TA and apply your deposit.

PLUS, if you cancel the original booking, the deposit stays on account for four years.

We'll be booking SOMETHING next month. Don't know what yet, but something just to get that low deposit. Oh ... and the onboard credit HAL gives you for booking with the FCC.

It's a win-win-win :D:D

while on board. They are $100 per person and that will be your deposit on the next cruise and depanding on the length of the cruise and the cabin category you can get more than $100 pp back as a cruise credit. It's a win win situation. That way you don't have to put up a large deposit. You can even book the cruise and give them the name of your travel agent who will process the rest.

By booking with a travel agent, I often get onboard credit or other perks such as wine pkgs., Pinnacle Grill meals, etc. It pays to shop around.

I generally book a future cruise on board and it is credited to my travel agent. The travel agent will then generally give me on-board credit, Pinnacle Grill, etc.

while on board. They are $100 per person and that will be your deposit on the next cruise and depanding on the length of the cruise and the cabin category you can get more than $100 pp back as a cruise credit. It's a win win situation. That way you don't have to put up a large deposit. You can even book the cruise and give them the name of your travel agent who will process the rest.

Here here! I agree with you. Since you don't have to pick a certain ship/date/itinerary, etc., you have plenty of time to book and you can still have your T.A. involved to get you any further perks., it's most definitely a win-win!

MH

Padraic,

That's how I do - put down the deposit with the onboard cruise consultant and then book the cruise with my travel agent. I didn't mean to imply or mislead anyone into thinking I was getting additional onboard credit or other perks directly from HAL. I probably didn't understand the original poster's question.

Roz

Archived