has any one been in 7172 on the spirit

echotumi

I haven't stayed in 7172, but I've walked past it several times when staying five cabins down in 7160. What specific questions/concerns do you have?

It's an extended balcony that's not on the Upper deck, so when you look (directly) down you'll see lifeboats. This didn't affect our balcony enjoyment (in fact, it spoiled us to the point where we've booked the legendary 7258 for the next cruise), but you might search threads for "extended balcony lifeboats" to see photos of the view.

Cabins are above and below the Verandah deck, so scraping/show noise/etc. isn't an issue.

You're very close to the forward elevators, which is nice for shows/trivia/Shanghai Bar/library, but it's only a few more steps in the other direction to get to the atrium elevators and the buffet. The interior cabins open to the starboard side, so traffic may be less on this side. (I had no problems zipping up and down the hall, especially to grab a breakfast tray to enjoy in the room.)

No connecting doors, so the risk of extra noise may be lessened. On one side you'll have another cabin for two, which may increase your odds of not being by noisy kids. (Not to jinx you - anything can happen and any age can be noisy.) You'll be midship, which many people prefer for minimizing movement, but that may not really matter this high up.

Inside, everything is the same as most of the other balconies.

I haven't stayed in 7172, but I've walked past it several times when staying five cabins down in 7160. What specific questions/concerns do you have?

It's an extended balcony that's not on the Upper deck, so when you look (directly) down you'll see lifeboats. This didn't affect our balcony enjoyment (in fact, it spoiled us to the point where we've booked the legendary 7258 for the next cruise), but you might search threads for "extended balcony lifeboats" to see photos of the view.

Cabins are above and below the Verandah deck, so scraping/show noise/etc. isn't an issue.

You're very close to the forward elevators, which is nice for shows/trivia/Shanghai Bar/library, but it's only a few more steps in the other direction to get to the atrium elevators and the buffet. The interior cabins open to the starboard side, so traffic may be less on this side. (I had no problems zipping up and down the hall, especially to grab a breakfast tray to enjoy in the room.)

No connecting doors, so the risk of extra noise may be lessened. On one side you'll have another cabin for two, which may increase your odds of not being by noisy kids. (Not to jinx you - anything can happen and any age can be noisy.) You'll be midship, which many people prefer for minimizing movement, but that may not really matter this high up.

LOL we stayed in cabin 7258 on our Legend cruise, I highly recommended it. Our friends stayed in the equivelant of 7172 on the Legend. They were OK with it, but of course if you could I recommend the 7258. Right now I wouold be Happy with either of them. You will be quite happy with your choice. It is the perfect floor(level).

Liffey, here is your cabin and I would assume 7172 is the same...

LOL, thanks, but I know very well what 7160 looks like. The OP may find this interesting, though. ;)

(Although, as I said, 7172 is going to look like just about every other balcony room on a Spirit-class ship, if not most Carnival balcony rooms, so no real need to check out photos of 7160 in particular. I only mentioned 7160 to assure the OP that I'm familiar with the corridor/noises/view, etc., near 7172.)

i thought about the quad next to me but i have had noisey peeps that were just 2 so who know the cabin next to us is my sister

Archived