Millennium vs Century for the holidays

We're torn between the Millennium and Century for the holidays. We have holds on both ships but, after reading some of the more recent reviews on the reviews section of Cruise Critic, I'm not sure the Millennium should be in the running. I can't figure out if the posters just all happened to be really nit-picking fussy types or if they complaints they gave are, in fact, legitimate - refer to the REVIEWS BY CLICKING HERE - the reviews for the 12/04 sailings have me concerned. Likewise, my concern regarding the Century is the age of the ship and the ships recent failure to pass it's CDC (not to mention it still shows as it scored 79) CLICK HERE for reference. Unfortunately, due to scheduling we are down to these ships and no, we won't consider Royal Caribbean. So you're input and advice is welcomed. Thanks.

PS - this is specifically for the 9 night cruises departing on December 24, 2005 for both the Millie and the Century.

thanks again.

I would look at the overall score on both ships. FWIW, the Century's last CDC score was 97.

Overall, I'm concerned with way too frequent comments about both ships feeling dirty.

As for age of ships, I see nothing in the comments in the review that would make me think that either one of these ships are well maintained. And that's very disturbing as Celebrity used to be so very strong in this area. There is absolutely ZERO reason why anyone should be concerned with the age of the Century, it is a modern ship. Not quite as modern as Millennium but certainly shouldn't be considered "old".

Celebrity's ship condition is slipping, I feel some folks here are in denial. Something is going on in terms of Celebrity's maintenance and cleanliness and needs to be corrected.

We had a great time on the Century for Christmas and New Year's. Our itinerary was different, but basically the same format--two days at sea, four days in port, two days at sea. I like it better than the Millenium's itinerary because days at sea are so relaxing. (We even stayed on the ship when it docked in St. Martin and treated that like another day at sea.) But if you prefer days in port, the Millenium might be better.

Archived