Liberty, Valor or Fascination

deanswife1990

DH and I are looking to book another cruise for Sept/Oct 2011 and we are considering the Liberty, Valor or Fascination. This well be our 3rd cruise and have cruised on the Glory and Freedom in the past. Which of the three ships is better? The itinerary is very similiar on each so that's not a deciding factor for us. We are also considering surprising my BIL and SIL for Christmas and paying their deposit so they can join us. Which ship would have the best wow factor for the first time cruiser? I realize that I will get a wide range of opinions and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks everyone!!!

Liberty and Valor will be like your Glory/Freedom ship- they all belong in the same class.

Facination is a smaller fantasy type class.

Out of the three-- I would pick the Liberty/Valor. Go with whatever is the cheapest.

Well, if you like that class of ship (Conquest class), you might want to stay with that one. The Liberty is simply gorgeous. Here's my review from a couple years ago...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848064

We are cruising Valor ourselves in September next year... maybe you want to cruise with us! LOL.. (We've never been on this ship--can't wait to see her!)

Hope this helps.

P.S., my sister has been incredible to me--I am convalescing after surgery at her house as I chose to have my surgery away from home. I would love to pay for her to come with us on our cruise in September. I hope you're able to really surprise your BIL & SIL!

Well, if you like that class of ship (Conquest class), you might want to stay with that one. The Liberty is simply gorgeous. Here's my review from a couple years ago...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848064

We are cruising Valor ourselves in September next year... maybe you want to cruise with us! LOL.. (We've never been on this ship--can't wait to see her!)

Hope this helps.

P.S., my sister has been incredible to me--I am convalescing after surgery at her house as I chose to have my surgery away from home. I would love to pay for her to come with us on our cruise in September. I hope you're able to really surprise your BIL & SIL!

I read your review and it seems you had a wonderful time. Loved the pictures!!

I hope all goes well with your recovery.

Another vote for the

LIBERTY

Even though the Valor and Liberty are sister ships, the Liberty is much more pleasing to the eye. The ship's theme is European artist, with an atrium inspired in a Mediterranean villa. The entire ship is decorated in muted colors, which makes for a more elegant feel.

The Valor's theme is American heroes. The atrium is inspired in the US flag, so there are white and red stripes all over, with golden eagles everywhere you turn. Also, there are faces of past US presidents embedded into the walls. Very patriotic but far from "eye pleasing".

Archived