Bringing on food - Port of Tampa

crislen

When I called the wedding department, they said you couldn't bring on any outside food items, be it commercially sealed or not. That it is a customs issue and not a carnival issue. (note, these items will be small and most likely eaten by the kids in the group before everyone debarks)

The wedding department lied. Customs has nothing to do with what you bring on the ship.

If there is an issue, it is with Carnival. I suspect they don't want/allow outside caterers taking business away from them.

We have brought food on board for a number of reasons, including as gifts for the staff, if we know their cravings. One time we brought on fresh cannoli and not once did the staff complain as they were devouring them.

I think I'd risk the homemade cookies. What's the worst that could happen? They'd be tossed and you'd be without, but that isn't a huge financial loss. I'd just pack them as you usually do, and see what happens.

Wouldn't be the first time someone tossed their cookies on a cruise!:D

One way to get rid of the dreaded fruit cake - only kidding, I am sure yours is great. A girl friend and I gave the same fruit cake back an forth for about 15 years - I went into the kitchen one Christmas and my MIL was cutting it up and popped a piece in her mouth and commented on how good it was. She has since passed on and I never told her how old it was. Those suckers have no expiry date.

That is great,, made me laugh and remember the time my FIL ate the Gingerbread Men that I had made as Ornies.. He also thought they were tasty, Laquer sealer and all :eek:

Archived