Group Booking - what does this mean for us?

librarylady19

Yeah, Unfortunately the pricing these days on groups is not any or much different than "reg" pricing but you get the OBC... and this way your TA doesn't have to take it from her/his commission (which BTW is considered discounting)

So enjoy !!

CC

PS and just make sure your dining is not "linked" with the group....:eek:

Just come off Eclipse ( 4th Oct) we were a group booking- TA had bought 20 cabins & when I rang ( 14 months before the cruise, there were 2 cabins left)

We paid inside price, but had a guarenteed 2A balcony on the hump (floor 7, near mid ship lifts)

TA found out our cabin number for us when we paid in full 10 weeks before ( 7233 in prime position )

I could not find a link on Celebrity web site to order luggage tags, after I had completed embarkation form. When I rang Celebrity (UK) I was told there would not be one, as it was a group booking, but a lady wrote them out for me & I used them. When we arrived at the port , we were told they were the wrong colour!

We had requested a table 6/8. We were put on a table for 2.

There were aspects of organisation by Celebrity that I questioned, nothing to do with group booking.

We booked through an online TA and I recently noticed that we are part of a "Group" booking. (There are just the 2 of us sailing.) Will this have any impact on our cruise experience?

You will have to eat all your dinners with the group and may even sleep in a dorm type room! NOT!

Yeah, Unfortunately the pricing these days on groups is not any or much different than "reg" pricing but you get the OBC... and this way your TA doesn't have to take it from her/his commission (which BTW is considered discounting)

:

Not necessarily true. I have seen group recently where the group price was $700 less per person than the current price. Depends on price escalation since group was booked.

Hmm...how would I determine if my dining was linked to a group? We had requested a table for 2.

Look at your reservation summary page on the X website by logging onto My Celebrity>My Reservations or go to Manage My Reservation by clicking on the Before You Cruise heading at the top of the X home page. At the bottom right of your reservation summary page is the Link with Other Travelers heading where the reservation linked should show none.

Look at your reservation summary page on the X website by logging onto My Celebrity>My Reservations or go to Manage My Reservation by clicking on the Before You Cruise heading at the top of the X home page. At the bottom right of your reservation summary page is the Link with Other Travelers heading where the reservation linked should show none.

Thanks; I checked and we are not linked to anyone else. Not that I am opposed to meeting others, just would prefer alone time w/ DH at dinner (then I don't have to be on my best behavior!!);)

We also booked our upcoming B2B Summit cruises as a sales promotion with a large online TA. This got us $400 in OBC or shipboard credits as they identify it. When our invoices were sent both had a group booking notation above the reservation #. I also have kept a copy of the quotations that were sent to us which has the exact amount of OBCs specified in each.

We were linked to a group on our first cruise. The group were all friends but needed one more couple to sign on so they could keep their lower group rates. They invited us to a cocktail party -- which we attended, and we were included in the group for various excursions, but we were NOT obligated to participate in any of it. Some we did, some we didn't. Otherwise the ship went to the same ports for us as it did for everyone else who wasn't part of the group! :p

Archived