Concealer when face gets tanned

heidik

I find that if I blend my usual concealer along with a darker one, I can usually find the correct color. I do this by using a dab of my facial moisturizer along with a little of each color. You can do this on the back of your hand, mix, then dab on the areas where needed.

And to Andee, While I agree that tanning is very dangerous, sometimes you get a little color even when using the proper sunblock. And in my case, I use self-tanner, so adjustments have to be made when using a concealer.

My solution is to avoid tanning. There's been enough skin cancer in my family that I'm a nervous Nellie about it.

I'll have to third this suggestion. Even when I lay out for a while (with SPF 25 or higher on my body) I not only use sunscreen on my face, but wear a hat or visor to keep my skin from being damaged.

If you are not going to be persuaded to not tan, why not try a self tanner instead? No one here is picking on you or being critical, just helpful and caring.

If you are young enough to not worry about sun damage, at least be aware that tanning will not only lead to skin cancer, but dark spots, premature aging etc... all before you know it :(

Use a brightener...not a concealer! Something that reflects light will "conceal" without caking on dark makeup!

Trish McEvoy has a eye brightening pencil that works like magic! It's pink, and when dabbed on undereye circles, they simply aren't seen!

You can order it at Nordstoms.com, if you can't find it in a store.

Ladies... this gal did not ask about the dangers of the sun and cancer.... She asked about a concealer... When the gal asks about the danger of the sun, great, until then lets limit the responses to her question. You are not helping her.

To the question...

In the summer months or on a cruise I use a powder bronzer... You can use your normal concealer or moistuizer and then brush on a powder bronzer... I especailly love the MAC bronzer... It gives you a nice glow, can blend in with your normal products and will adjust for a tan. If by chance you are going on Princess check out the bronzer sold in the spa, the Elemis (sp) line is awesome...

I would also suggest that you invest in a good set of brushes.... LOL, you can pull anything off with a good set of brushes... Again, I like MAC brushes. They are not cheap, but will last for years and worth the investment. I dont have great make up application skills and I can apply a bronzer, easy!

Ladies... this gal did not ask about the dangers of the sun and cancer.... She asked about a concealer... When the gal asks about the danger of the sun, great, until then lets limit the responses to her question. You are not helping her.

To the question...

In the summer months or on a cruise I use a powder bronzer... You can use your normal concealer or moistuizer and then brush on a powder bronzer... I especailly love the MAC bronzer... It gives you a nice glow, can blend in with your normal products and will adjust for a tan. If by chance you are going on Princess check out the bronzer sold in the spa, the Elemis (sp) line is awesome...

I would also suggest that you invest in a good set of brushes.... LOL, you can pull anything off with a good set of brushes... Again, I like MAC brushes. They are not cheap, but will last for years and worth the investment. I dont have great make up application skills and I can apply a bronzer, easy!

I tend to disagree with this statement. Perhaps if people point out the dangers of sun damage to her, she may think twice. Helpful all the way.

There is no such thing as a healthy tan, but people still like the "glow". Perhaps instead if she uses some of the bronzer you mention instead, she will have nicer skin for many years to come along with the tan colored skin she desires.

Thank you to those who answered my question.

As to skin cancer, believe me, I do not need your "education" as I just went through caring for my father who passed from skin cancer (squamous cell) less than 2 years ago. I am more than aware of the risks and am entitled to make my own choices on how I choose to live my life.

I merely asked a simple question looking for a useful beauty product. Period.

Thank you again.

p.s. I ordered the MAC bronzer and never thought of putting a bronzer over my regular concealer!

Thank you to those who answered my question.

As to skin cancer, believe me, I do not need your "education" as I just went through caring for my father who passed from skin cancer (squamous cell) less than 2 years ago. I am more than aware of the risks and am entitled to make my own choices on how I choose to live my life.

I merely asked a simple question looking for a useful beauty product. Period.

Thank you again.

p.s. I ordered the MAC bronzer and never thought of putting a bronzer over my regular concealer!

Very odd response, as I think you should be the one "educating" everyone else :confused:

What is "odd" about not wanting to get into a discussion about skin cancer as I am preparing for my cruise? I received the info. that I came to this Board for and now will say good night and I hope everyone has an incredibly wonderful time on their cruise!

Archived