Cruise Critic name tags

aikensbest

Is there anywhere to go on a forum to download name tags for use at meet & greet, etc.

Hi Aikensbest....Sorry to say that I'm not aware of anywhere you can download nametags. Are you in charge of name tags for a roll call? I have done this twice. The first time there were only 22 who planned to participate in a M&G. Because I have a die cut machine, I had a lot of fun cutting out ships to be part of the tag. Then I bought plastic name badge holders from the office supply store (suggest the ones with a safety pin type enclosure at the back and not the clip on) to insert my tags into. The second time, there were a heck of a lot more names and way too many to spend time being creative. In this case, I simply downloaded a clip art pic of a ship and printed the CC user name, the person's first name, and where they were front on the computer and then inserted them into name badge holders. If you have a very large group, purchasing the name badge holders can be expensive. Just a suggestion for you if you are making name tags for a very large group of people. It was my experience from the second roll call I was involved with, and also another one where the person in charge of the name tags produced a great number, that a significant number of the name tags were not picked up. Even though they had indicated they would attend the M&G, there was no way of knowing whether these people were present. Regardless, it can be frustrating for the person making these name tags if participants don't bother picking them up. Made me wonder if it wouldn't have been simpler to just have peel and stick name tags available that people could write their names on themselves at the M&G. Also found that people didn't generally continue to wear their name tags around the ship. All said, I did enjoy making the name tags and wouldn't hesitate to do it again but would be very careful about the method I would use depending on the number of participants.

You certainly didn't ask for advice but hope you might find this message of interest.

Sandy :)

• 7 months later...
Hi Aikensbest....Sorry to say that I'm not aware of anywhere you can download nametags. Are you in charge of name tags for a roll call? I have done this twice. The first time there were only 22 who planned to participate in a M&G. Because I have a die cut machine, I had a lot of fun cutting out ships to be part of the tag. Then I bought plastic name badge holders from the office supply store (suggest the ones with a safety pin type enclosure at the back and not the clip on) to insert my tags into. The second time, there were a heck of a lot more names and way too many to spend time being creative. In this case, I simply downloaded a clip art pic of a ship and printed the CC user name, the person's first name, and where they were front on the computer and then inserted them into name badge holders. If you have a very large group, purchasing the name badge holders can be expensive. Just a suggestion for you if you are making name tags for a very large group of people. It was my experience from the second roll call I was involved with, and also another one where the person in charge of the name tags produced a great number, that a significant number of the name tags were not picked up. Even though they had indicated they would attend the M&G, there was no way of knowing whether these people were present. Regardless, it can be frustrating for the person making these name tags if participants don't bother picking them up. Made me wonder if it wouldn't have been simpler to just have peel and stick name tags available that people could write their names on themselves at the M&G. Also found that people didn't generally continue to wear their name tags around the ship. All said, I did enjoy making the name tags and wouldn't hesitate to do it again but would be very careful about the method I would use depending on the number of participants.

You certainly didn't ask for advice but hope you might find this message of interest.

Thank you for this information! The person who started the thread will no longer travel with us, so now someone has to take care of the group ~ I guess I am volunteering for it... ja,ja,ja

Sooo, this message will greatly help me, thank you!

Thank you for this information! The person who started the thread will no longer travel with us, so now someone has to take care of the group ~ I guess I am volunteering for it... ja,ja,ja

Sooo, this message will greatly help me, thank you!

You're very welcome! Good luck and have fun doing it. It is a nice way to make a connection with those attending the M&G. Name badges I've created would list the CC name, the person's first name (in the largest letters), and which city and state/province the cruiser was from. I never found it necessary to link spouses or significant others' names on the badges. Most would know just from the roll call lists who was together.

• 3 weeks later...
I clip art from here and print it and put it on our "Door Art" which includes a folder for daily pictures of the two best pictures that I print out for distribution to all that view.

That's a very interesting and cool idea. I noticed on another thread that you said you take your printer with you. When I made the name tags for a very small M&G get together, pics were taken and I had them printed in the Princess photo lab (very inexpensive) to give to everyone on our last get together.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys new member here,

have you guys not thought about using a proper supplier? I recently held a "tweet up" and got people to send me their handles and I created name badges for each person in attendance.

I asked them to send me some silly details about themselves like, what would be your superpower etc and It worked great. I think that you would benefit from something like this as its a great ice breaker!

I look forward to participating in many more conversations in the near future!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For my past 2 cruises I've volunteered and made name tags for up to 150 on our CC meet and greet list. I do them in powerpoint with a picture of our ship as background.

I only have to change writing once or twice per couple.

Print as handouts 2 per page.

These are the 3.5 x 4 inch name tags for the Avery holders that hang around neck or you can put pins or magnets on.

box of 100 costs $60-70, I wait and buy on sale or with rebate.

My gift to members of our roll call.

Attached are my next set starters.

name tags pp for May 2014 original.pdf

• 2 months later...

Great tips. Next time I'm in charge of a M&G I will use them. The last one we just bought some at the store and had pens for people to write their CC name and real name. But yours are way more fun.

Archived