Filling in online check-in form

morxx

I know I am being stupid but I don't understand how to fill in the online check-in form.

I have filled in personal information, then in the next section - contact information, it says 'same as' select name and then our two names. So for my entry I selected my name and then when I did my husbands I didn't know whether to put my name or his.

And in the third section 'emergency contact' is that for next of kin while you are on the ship or what.

Any help gratefully received.:confused:

I just completed mine and it is a bit confusing. When you do your husband's, select your name. It will automatically fill in all the information you just typed for yourself.

Yes, the emergency contact section is designed so the cruise line would know who to contact in the event of an emergency while you are traveling.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Our TA had to contact Celebrity so that we could put our daughter on the next of Kin- it is not possible to change it from YOURSELF/ HUSBAND which is silly as you are both on the same cruise.

Once you fill in the info, you are supposed to be able to click a link to order luggage tags. I had no link, even tho TA said I would get one, so I rang Celebrity(UK) who said I would not get one as I was part of the TA's group booking.

So they wrote labels out for me, which I used. When we arrived at the port, we were told they were the wrong colour.

A real mess up- I would have thought that such a large organisation should be well practiced.

I know I am being stupid but I don't understand how to fill in the online check-in form.

I have filled in personal information, then in the next section - contact information, it says 'same as' select name and then our two names. So for my entry I selected my name and then when I did my husbands I didn't know whether to put my name or his.

And in the third section 'emergency contact' is that for next of kin while you are on the ship or what.

Any help gratefully received.:confused:

The 'same as' choice is for your convenience. There are several places where you can pick 'same as' select name and it will fill in the information already entered for the other person so you don't need to type it again.

The 'emergency contact' can be next of kin if that is your choice but it doesn't have to be. It can be a friend, neighbor, your boss, lawyer, banker, doctor -- the most capable person for them to contact in case something happens to you. I always pick someone who has a copy of my passport and itinerary and can be counted on to wire money to me, notify the appropriate people and handle my affairs if I should be incapacitated.

Thanks for the replies. I did fill it in correctly but it was really the emergency contact that puzzled me because as upward says it only shows our names.

Getting really excited about our cruise on December 17.

,,,,,,, I did fill it in correctly but it was really the emergency contact that puzzled me because as upward says it only shows our names......
The "Emergency Contact" section has two different places for names. Apparently that was the cause of the confusion.

First, it says "Same as Select Name" which shows your own names.

This part is provided merely as a convenience. If you both want to use the same emergency contact, it will fill it in automatically to save you from needing to type the same info again for the second person.

The next part is the actual emergency contact, which may be the same for both of you, or different for each -- your choice.

First Name

Last Name

Telephone Number

Email Address

This is the part that you can either type in, or let it fill in automatically.

Archived