Yoga, pilates, etc.

heidik

I have attended several of the classes on the Westerdam. Usually they offer a free class every morning, early, that's something like "Early Morning Stretch" or maybe some aerobics. Usually following the free class is a class you have to pay for ($12 at last memory), which can be yoga, spinning, circuit training, or the like. The free ones are as nice as the ones you pay for, and early morning classes are less crowded (especially as the cruise goes on and people forget their "I will exercise every day" promise).

If your cruise stops at HMC, they usually offer either yoga on the beach there or water aerobics in the ocean (both have a fee). I'm usually there in December, and being from Florida, find the water WAY too cold, but it looks fun.

Sounds like a great way to see if you enjoy doing Yoga, but is the class interesting enough for advanced students? And how early is early?

As the previous poster said, yoga on a moving ship presents its own set of challenges. I think the class is what you make it.

And the early classes, to my recollection, started at 6:45 or 7 a.m.

Archived