Wine Packages to purchase on Board??

lindylee0803

Can someone tell me if there are wine packages that can be purchased on board? We are sailing on the Miracle in 3 weeks. I know we can each bring a bottle with us, but I haven't seen anything about purchasing a wine package on the ship. I know some other cruise lines offer this. If this is available, does anyone know the cost? Thanks!

Yes, they will be available for purchase. I did not buy one myself but a few friends and one tablemate did. The # of bottles in the package will vary to cruise length, with the intent that you get one bottle per night.

On our recent 4-day Fascination, they offered 3 bottles for $33, $66 and $99. Each higher price was a step up in quality. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your cruise.

We have been doing the middle package. Even in the mid-range, some of the wines will be screw top, which is fine with us. Last time, we didn't finish the 5 bottles and walked off the ship with bottle 5, ready to enjoy that evening.

In that group, we like the Pinot Grigio and also the Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay.

On many of the wines you should be able to try by the glass before you decide if you want a bottle. There were some that were in the MDR, but perhaps one of the bars on the ship will have them all.

P1170407.JPG

This is new to me....if I purchase the wine package, do they send me the x# of bottles I purchased to my cabin at the beginning of the cruise? :confused:

After buying the package either before dinner or at dinner on the first night, you will receive little coupons one for each bottle of wine in your package at your table the night you purchase the package. You can use the coupons each night in the dining room or at a bar elsewhere anytime during your cruise. You can use more than one coupon at a time. We buy a package each cruise and are happy to receive the discount.

After buying the package either before dinner or at dinner on the first night, you will receive little coupons one for each bottle of wine in your package at your table the night you purchase the package. You can use the coupons each night in the dining room or at a bar elsewhere anytime during your cruise. You can use more than one coupon at a time. We buy a package each cruise and are happy to receive the discount.

If I want seven bottles (one for each night), is this possible?

If you don't drink all the wines in the package, the coupons are good on your next Carnival cruise. So if you know you are cruising again, you don't have to carry the leftover's home.

That's good to know.

Hmm, this also makes it possible to share a package among family & friends.

Does anyone have comments on the wines included in the standard package? Are they any good? Except for Woodbridge I do not recognize the brands.

Thanks

I also don't know many of the names. But in Ontario, the LCBO (Provincial controlled liquor stores) sells Santa Carolina at around $11/bottle. That's after >40% markup. Santa Carolina is from Chile.

On RCL they sell buckets of beer (5) on the pool deck. It's still expensive. But we pay for it anyway... just have to work beer drinking into the budget

We're taking our girls, so there will not be a lot of beer consumed on this trip. We will have a few, just not our usual vacation ammount.

Archived