NCL Jewel questions

giddy2travel

Hoping for a jan cruise from NYC on Jewel and i was wondering if anyone has done this in jan and what is there to do the first day when it's cold outside and when does it get closer to being warmer on the second day?

Also we like Karaoke (stop the eyeroll) so I was wondering if there is karaoke on the jewel?

If we are 3 in a cabin are they smaller than carnival...since i've only done carnival in the past?

anyway thanks for whatever info you want to share more the better i say

Hoping for a jan cruise from NYC on Jewel and i was wondering if anyone has done this in jan and what is there to do the first day when it's cold outside and when does it get closer to being warmer on the second day?

Also we like Karaoke (stop the eyeroll) so I was wondering if there is karaoke on the jewel?

If we are 3 in a cabin are they smaller than carnival...since i've only done carnival in the past?

Question #1 - Weather - There are onboard activities within the ship. I'm sure that there will be things for both adults and children from NCL U activities and tastings to kid's stuff from the Nickelodeon at Sea folks.

Question #2 - Karaoke - There is karaoke available every night and it's usually in the Fyzz Lounge which is on Deck 7 forward by the Stardust Theater. There is also private Karaoke rooms that you can rent out for a fee (check the NCL board for more info on that as it was just discussed recently) for smaller groups.

Question #3 - NCL vs Carnival Staterooms - Without knowing which Carnival ship you have sailed on I can't compare. The stateroom setup is generally the same amongst the ships with the toilet and shower compartment and the beds and then the third berth being a pull out couch or one from the ceiling (again varies depending on accomodation you booked).

Have a great trip on the Norwegian Jewel. She's a wonderful ship with wonderful staff and crew! :)

We are going on the Jewel in March. We had to get the mini suite due to hearing the toilet area is cramped. I'm 6'5" and had a tough time on the NCL Spirit. The toilet and shower are tighter than Carnival. When you step in a Carnival bathroom, the toilet is open, you can actually stretch your legs.

Don't damage the ship before we get on:):)

Also, I don't know how the bathrooms work on Carnival, but almost all staterooms on Jewel have separate sliding doors within the bathroom for both the shower and toilet section. I know some bigger/taller people find the toilet door makes it too small when closed, but for me on the Spirit, it allowed for more efficient use of the bathroom as it allowed two people to do separate things in the bathroom at once without the craziness of the Epic design.

Archived