What is your favorite dinner entree?

augusta78

I love the Indian veggie dinner. Anything from the steakhouse is out of this world good. I used to like the lobster/shrimp but on my last couple cruises, it hasn't really been all that good, so I might skip it on my upcoming Dream cruise. I also love that seafood in that orange sauce which I can't remember the name of.

Oh, I'm loving the photos..... Every time we cruise I VOW that I'm going to take some photos of our dishes and I always chicken out when it arrives (that or I lose all composure and dig right in!). Love all the chilled soups as well. Love pretty much all of it, minus the spa desserts- can't quite feel the love in those, though I do often order off the spa menu for entrees- I love grilled fish, so I'm often happy with these. If not, I just steal my husband's food, to his great dismay! LOL:D

I am DETERMINED to try some bitter and blanc on my upcoming cruises! I can't believe I have not yet tried this despite my many carnival cruises - I think I am usually at the supper club or something? Or just didn't realize it was a 'must have'? Maybe I can have it twice on my b2b? :D:D

I know I'm in the minority here, but I never liked the bitter n blanc. Just didn't do anything for me. I tried it on a cruise YEARS ago and didn't like it,then when I saw threads like this I gave it a coupla more tries...still don't like it! But that's just my opinion. I have NEVER had a creme brulee either and I have seen entire posts about it...we usually skip the MDR on boarding day and seems to be the past few cruises that is the day they offered that for dessert. :( It's nice to be able to taste all these things and decide if we like them or not! :cool::)

I also have heard very good things about the Indian vegetarian dinner and might have to give it a try (doesn't sound that great on the menu but everyone that tried it raves about it!).

Beware, it is quite spicy, but Indian food often is. I especially liked the stewed peas and cottage cheese ( sounds terrible but it is delicious )!:)

it's been about 2 1/2 years since i cruised, but i absolutely loved the duck. i had never had it before, and it was amazing!

Okay - something else to add to the list - I love duck but have never had it on Carnival - so it goes on the new 'must-have' list! :D:D

Question: First time cruiser. I am pretty picky about my meat doneness.

For example, I *love* lamb, but in the pic I saw above, it looks well done (maybe it was ordered that way), but you can you order your lamb, filet, prime rib, etc. Medium Rare or Rare? Or does it just depend on how it comes out, and that is what you get?

For example, I *love* lamb, but in the pic I saw above, it looks well done (maybe it was ordered that way), but you can you order your lamb, filet, prime rib, etc. Medium Rare or Rare? Or does it just depend on how it comes out, and that is what you get?

My hunny likes all of his meat (including lamb) med rare/rare but I like mine med well. We have always both gotten our meat just as we ordered it on Carnival ships. I've seen other people post that they didn't, but we have always been very happy with how our meat was prepared.

My hunny likes all of his meat (including lamb) med rare/rare but I like mine med well. We have always both gotten our meat just as we ordered it on Carnival ships. I've seen other people post that they didn't, but we have always been very happy with how our meat was prepared.

Thanks for the info, makes me more confident about ordering meat on the cruise!

I was the one who posted the picture of the well done lamb. I ordered it medium and it came out that way. More overdone that I would have liked, but it was still juicy as heck.

I was the one who posted the picture of the well done lamb. I ordered it medium and it came out that way. More overdone that I would have liked, but it was still juicy as heck.

well good to know it was still juicy! Wonder if I should err on the side of underdone when ordering?

Archived