Drink prices for MSC

mbeginner

A hot topic are always the drink prices on board cruise ships. MSC has USA-/Karibik- and drink prices on transatlantic routes in the dollar, all other cruise routes in at €

For all individual drinks from the bar (even if ordered in the restaurant) are 15% fee

added service, the invoice is automatically available.

Soft Drinks

Pepsi Cola, 7-Up, Tonic Water, Bitter Lemon, etc., 0,325-l tin: $ 2.20

Soda drinks on tap, 0.5-liter glass: $ 3.25

1 liter of mineral water: $ 2.90

Perrier 0.473L: $ 3.25

Fruit juice 0,2 l: $ 1.95

Red Bull 0,24 l: $ 4.75

Beer

Budweiser 11 oz: $ 3.50

Bud Light (aluminum bottle) 16 oz: $ 3.90

Beck's 11 oz: $ 3.90

Heineken 11 oz: $ 3.90

Corona 11 oz: $ 3.90

alcohol-free beer 11 oz: $ 3.50

Wine

At the bar there is a small selection of wines by the glass (5 ounces = 150 ml), 4:00 to 5:50 dollars and 11-23 dollars for the bottle.

Chardonnay "La Terre, California: $ 4 (bottle: $ 18)

Sauvignon Blanc "San Nicolas", Chile: $ 4 (bottle: $ 18)

Merlot "La Terre, California: $ 4 (bottle: $ 18)

Cabernet Sauvignon "San Nicholas," Chile: $ 4 (bottle: $ 18)

White Zinfandel Robert Mondavi "Rose, California: $ 4 (bottle: $ 18)

Alcohol, Liqueurs, Cocktails

Hard liquor cost $ 4.50 for 1.5 ounces (cl = 4.5):

Vodka (Smirnoff, Finlandia, Absolut, Stolichnaya)

Gin (Beefeater, Tanqueray)

Rum (Appleton Estate Jamaica, Bacardi, Myer's)

Tequila (Cuervo Gold, Cuervo Silver)

Whiskey (Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Dewar's, Tullamore Dew, etc.)

Cocktails from Martini and Pina Colada Mojito and Caipirinha on to Bloody Mary costs $ 6.25.

For a dollar more, so $ 7.25, there are premium brands of alcohol

Non-alcoholic cocktails, called "Virgin Delights" are available for $ 3.95.

Examples: Alice in Wonderland (orange and pineapple juice, grenadine, cream), Virgin Colada Raspberry (raspberry puree, coconut cream, pineapple juice), Aloha (orange and grapefruit juice, mango puree, cream).

• 2 weeks later...
Attached is the MSC price list for the remainder of this year in Europe, mmm gonna be expensive.

I don't think so...for example:

RESTAURANT: wine by the bottle - white DOC Trebiano or Verduzzo / red DOC

Montepulciano or Cabernet (wine brands might be subject of change), mineral water,

soft drinks, beer

SELF SERVICE BUFFET: wine by the glass - white DOC Trebiano or Verduzzo / red

DOC Montepulciano or Cabernet (wine brands might be subject of change), mineral

water, soft drinks, beer

MINI BARS: all items EXCEPT CHAMPAGNE (on board MSC Melody mineral water is

always available in cabin, other drinks are available on request from ROOM SERVICE)

BARS:all cocktails from bar list except PREMIUM MIXES, alcohol by shot (vodka

Smirnoff, gin Beefeater, rum Bacardi and Myers, tequila Cuervo, brandy Vecchia Romagna,

grappa Nonino) all brands of bleded whisky up to 5 years old, liqueurs, aperitifs, bitters,

all beer brands from bar list, wine and sparkling wine from the bar list by the glass,

coolers, energizers, soft drinks, juices, cafeteria, take-away ice-cream in cone or cup, hot

chocolates from Chocolate bar menu

EXCLUDED ITEMS: premium spirits not mentioned above, premium cocktails, cigars,

wines from the wine list, drinks served in souvenir glasses , all consumptions (food and

beverage) in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, L’Etoile,

L’Olivo, Obelisco, Il Giardino, 4 Stagioni), pizza à la carte, food from Sports bar menu,

food and wines from Wine bar menu, food from Room service menu, Chocolate fondue

from Chocolate bar menu, sundae and ice-cream cups from Gelateria, pastry from

Piazzetta on board MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida

in my opinion, for only £33 per night, it isn't expensive... you can drink all that you want :D

in my opinion, for only £33 per night, it isn't expensive... you can drink all that you want

I must disagree, for a 8 night cruise it would cost 2 x £33 and 2 x £19 per day, thats £832 just for drink!! no value at all, in my opinion.

Lol, I must confess I do like a drink, if you could buy the premium package as and when you wanted it, it would be great value. However seeing MSC insist you have it for the duration of your cruise and remember everyone in your cabin must have the same package MSC are encouraging alcoholism or banking on people not going overboard (excuse the pun) with their drinking.

It really boils down to what you like to drink, how much and when, whether the drinks packages work for you.

The all inclusive doesn't work for me as I like to order different wines from the wine list and don't drink enough of anything else to justify the £33 per day cost. The unlimited beer and wine at meals also doesn't work for me. However I do like the individual packages that you can buy onboard. I invariably get a water, vitamin drink and cocktails one. I csn udse them whenever I want and save a bit of money by doing spo. It also makes checking my bill that much easier with just one charge for nearly all my drinks rather than lots of individual charges.

Daresay that there will be those who will abuse the all inclusive and severely over indulge but after 12 cruises with them, I can honestly say that whilst I've observed the odd passenger who should have stopped a few drinks back, it really isn't a general problem onboard.

A couple of coffees with breakfast, a few bottles of water ,tea or coffee at 11 it soon adds up,once we had worked out what is and isnt included we found the all inc package good value ps the choccie drinks are to not to be missed

Archived