Paradise Beach changes

JJHNLC

Now posted on their web-site, Dec. 15th. I love the beach but a pool is nice too.

As long as this $25.00 thing is just a rumor, I'll be there!

Well that sounds good to me - and given 'caribbean time' I am sure it will be absolutely done by the time I'm there? (feb 2011). I love the ocean and the beach but I am a sucker for big fancy shmancy pools (think waterfalls, bridges, etc) - if it's anything like this I will definitely enjoy it! (and a swim up bar would be a nice 'perk' don't you think? :D)

Now posted on their web-site, Dec. 15th. I love the beach but a pool is nice too.

As long as this $25.00 thing is just a rumor, I'll be there!

We'll be there Dec. 18th and would love to go to a beach with a nice new pool. But we may be cutting it close. Hopefully I can find out if it's open before we leave.

Can anyone give me more info..... How much are drinks and food and such? I think I understand the price of the water toys and beach chairs. We are thinking of going Jan. we are a group of 8 w/ 4 kids from 3yrs to 15. We are deciding between this and Nachi.

Can anyone give me more info..... How much are drinks and food and such? I think I understand the price of the water toys and beach chairs. We are thinking of going Jan. we are a group of 8 w/ 4 kids from 3yrs to 15. We are deciding between this and Nachi.

Here's their website:

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

There's a link to the food/drink menu.

We plan on heading out there in January.

it says on the website that the pool will open on Dec. 15. Too bad I'll be there on Dec 11!!

I've never been on that beach, but it looks nice! And if it's run by a Montrealer like me, it must be amazing! ;)

Ok, $2.00 for a chair on the beach, plus consumption such as a $4.00 beer...then maybe they will charge extra for using the pool, let's say $2.00?? We are from Florida and the water is not that great so we may use a pool but on the Caribbean sea of Cozumel?? $7.50 for a frozen one....hmmm...I rather go for a reasonable AI such as the Ocean Club or Passion Island...just a personal point of view. By the way, chairs are so close to each other that you can not even but a drink in between...worse than in Miami but yes, it is a small beach and they need to get as many people as possible:mad:

I usually go to Nachi Cocum but since we are docking at 1 pm I dont' see the 'value' in going there since most of the beach clubs close at 5 pm - giving us only about 3 hrs or so to enjoy the place - and obviously won't be drinking/eating that much!

So will be trying PB and I know it will be cheaper - cab price is probably the same ($15 each way for 2)....nachi was $49 pp (plus of course we tipped extra). PB - $2 for lounger (not interested in water toys). Maybe $20? for drink/snack? (not big drinkers)...

While NC would set 2 of us back around $150 (including transport/tips) I would think PB would only cost around $70 (or less!) which to me is much more reasonable for a 3 hour visit! And the pool would definitely be a bonus - it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to check it out! (also by arriving later I am hoping the place will be less crowded as more cruisers would be heading back to their ships if they had been there since early morning?)

Awaiting more feedback from recent cruisers - esp about the pool! :D

• 3 weeks later...
I usually go to Nachi Cocum but since we are docking at 1 pm I dont' see the 'value' in going there since most of the beach clubs close at 5 pm - giving us only about 3 hrs or so to enjoy the place - and obviously won't be drinking/eating that much!

So will be trying PB and I know it will be cheaper - cab price is probably the same ($15 each way for 2)....nachi was $49 pp (plus of course we tipped extra). PB - $2 for lounger (not interested in water toys). Maybe $20? for drink/snack? (not big drinkers)...

While NC would set 2 of us back around $150 (including transport/tips) I would think PB would only cost around $70 (or less!) which to me is much more reasonable for a 3 hour visit! And the pool would definitely be a bonus - it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to check it out! (also by arriving later I am hoping the place will be less crowded as more cruisers would be heading back to their ships if they had been there since early morning?)

Awaiting more feedback from recent cruisers - esp about the pool! :D

We would LOVE to try Nachi...but as a family of 4 (2 teenagers)...I have never been able to justify the $200 and that was before you pay extra for the snorkeling or other activities.

I just can't drink that much.....I am goofy enough without all that alcohol!! :D

Not a big drinker either - but do enjoy the atmosphere and 'non-crowded' environment at Nachi Cocum. But will be trying out Paradise Beach this time - hope it is not that crowded and that the pool has been completed!

Plan to be back at NC next November cuz we will be docked 'regular hours' (8 - 6) and not 1-10pm as on my upcoming Destiny cruise!

Not a big drinker either - but do enjoy the atmosphere and 'non-crowded' environment at Nachi Cocum. But will be trying out Paradise Beach this time - hope it is not that crowded and that the pool has been completed!

Plan to be back at NC next November cuz we will be docked 'regular hours' (8 - 6) and not 1-10pm as on my upcoming Destiny cruise!

The pool was suppose to be up and running by Dec 15th.

We will be there in about 3 weeks to see how it turned out.

FYI, Paradise Beach has a small bar called the South End (which is at the South End of the property)....you are allowed to move your lounge chair ...so you can get away from the "pack" (so to speak).... The property next door is undeveloped....so it is usually quiet over there.

That is IF the new pool and entrance hasn't changed it.....

Btw, we just got off the Destiny on Thursday and had a blast.

Tell Brent (CD) that DJ's Mom said HI !!!

FYI, Paradise Beach has a small bar called the South End (which is at the South End of the property)....you are allowed to move your lounge chair ...so you can get away from the "pack" (so to speak).... The property next door is undeveloped....so it is usually quiet over there.

Thanks for the info - and will say hi to Brent when I see him! :D (and that south-end bar sounds more my style!)

I was there a few days ago and had a great day. As far as the pool it looks far along but I don't think it will be done on December 15. The pool is installed but the area around the pool needs more work. Could be done in three weeks.

I was there a few days ago and had a great day. As far as the pool it looks far along but I don't think it will be done on December 15. The pool is installed but the area around the pool needs more work. Could be done in three weeks.

Any pics of the pool or pool area?

We are supposed to be there on 12/21. How was the water? Was it clear? Was the water really cold or nice to swim in? We are going with several other families who have never been there, so I want to report on that kind of stuff.

thanks!

The water was clear. The water temperature was not very cold. Once you dipped in and got used to it the water temp. was nice.

Charles, Thanks for your comments! Will be there in 4 weeks. I know the water clarity can change but it is nice to know that it's not always murky! And hopefully the pool will be completed by the time I get there.:cool:

Please come back and post about your experiences and the pool progress! (pics would be good too! :D)

Thanks!

Please come back and post about your experiences and the pool progress! (pics would be good too! :D)

Thanks!

We plan to stop there on our private tour with Gerry to see the new pool etc.

I will get pictures then. (jan 4th)

Archived