Question--New on Celebrity!!!

Jamrenjer

Good Morning, Friends!

We have cruised on RCCL, Carnival, NCL, Princess and Costa-- and just a great deal on Celebrity Century. We have always wanted to try Celebrity-- and wanted to get some opinions and comments on how they compare. (Really-- there are no bad cruises in our book! :)) We have heard that the food on Celebrity is a notch above the others... What does our fellow CC members have to say? Thanks in advance! We appreciate it!

Good Morning, Friends!

We have cruised on RCCL, Carnival, NCL, Princess and Costa-- and just a great deal on Celebrity Century. We have always wanted to try Celebrity-- and wanted to get some opinions and comments on how they compare. (Really-- there are no bad cruises in our book! :)) We have heard that the food on Celebrity is a notch above the others... What does our fellow CC members have to say? Thanks in advance! We appreciate it!

Century was our first Celebrity cruise about 11 1/2 years ago; and, we loved it. We were in a sky suite. However, since that time we have fallen in love with the S class in AQ; hence, I cannot speak to the quality of Century at this time, except to state that it is now rated 4.5 stars, while the S class is 5.5 stars.

I've cruised RCI, CCL, HAL and X. We've sailed the Infinity, Mercury, Century and Solstice. Loved every cruise. The service definitely is better on X. I had just achieved Diamond status on RCI and was looking forward to the "perks" when they discontinued them!! At the same time I was made aware (via cruise critic!!) that Celebrity would consider me elite and give me all kinds of nice perks so we gave them a try and haven't looked back!! I was just on Century in May and it is a lovely ship and you will have a wonderful time. It is just as well you don't start your Celebrity experience with a Solstice class ship....because once you have, you will never be able to go back, alas. So enjoy all the non-Solstice class ships and just keep in mind that one day, when you are ready, Solstice class is there shimmering in the mist...waiting to enchant you.

I have sailed on RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and X, and I find X service to be better across the board, and the cruise experience to be more relaxing and upscale in presentation. The Solstice has my favorite buffet, and M class has my favorite specialty dining. We only went on Carnival once and I was impressed with the food but didn't like the cruise as it was too noisy and too smoky. I found Princess food to be very hit or miss on Caribbean Princess. RCCL has the best entertainment IMO.

Celebrity Century was our first Celebrity expierence also. Loved the ship and the food was really good. Crew was some of the friendliest we have had the pleasure of cruising with and we are waiting to leave on #23 in March. You are going to be surprised and very pleased with your choice.

We have sailed X, DCL, and Princess. X is by far our favourite and the Century was our first X cruise (prior to her expansion). We found the food to be excellent and the staff went above and beyond--people who served me a drink or coffee would call me by name later in the cruise when we crossed paths again in the corridor! I switch off to explore other lines or because of itineraries but X is my favourite. Enjoy your trip!

Archived