Millennium Oct 22, 2011 Review with 'Nora'

Mr. Luckytoo

I was on this sailing (Millennium Oct22) and I can completely agree with Mr.Luckytoo's review so far. It was a great trip and I'm glad someone has the time to share it here with so much detail and in a very honest and fair way. Being that I don't have a lot of time for posting, all I can say is : DITTO!! :)

Thank you for taking your time to write such good information about the Millenium. We are taking a cruise on her next March and have never sailed Celebrity before. We are so enjoying reading. I do have one question.

mrluckytoo wrote: <<<the mashed potatoes were inedible>>>

What exactly constitutes inedible? I understand it would be an inability to eat something. I have even gotten up to retreive my American Heritage dictionary, one moment. According to my American Heritage dictionary: inedible, adjective, not suitable for food. But alas, as you yourself have said, "food is subjective".

Thanks for your great review. My wife and I also sailed on the 22 Oct cruise. It was the best cruise we have experienced. The only negative part was checking our bag at the pier. We waited about an hour due to slow workers and disorganization. One of the officers said "this never happens". Anyway we loved the cruise and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Jeff

Question for anyone that was on this cruise. Did you hear anything about the"bags" program? I have heard that they are not doing it in San Jaun at this time. I'm just hoping that it is reinstated by January, when we cruise.

Rollie

We will be on the Millie 12/3 sailing and can't wait. Can't remember which pier is which. Does the pier we leave from have a liquor store? Also, will need some diet coke and water and wanted to get these after we have done our initial check in. Also waiting for more of your review.

The mash potatoes were not that great. The Beef Filet was very good.

All the deserts were excellent except the Apple pie crust. It needs improvement. My pillsbury ready made beats that pie crust (according to my hubby) I always went for the choc deserts. I did taste the apple pie and I agree it's a work-in progress....

Great shrimp cocktail....yum...cocktail sauce perfect.....

All the pasta dishes were very good, we are italian and we approve....:cool:

The service by the ship's staff was excellent. We always got the best service.:)

We did select dining for 2, we would recommend this dining option. 6 nights out of 10 we got the same waiter as requested. Ivan and Marcus were wonderful. Our wine steward Jennifer was very knowledgeable and helpful.:D

The Millie is a wonderful ship and we would book another cruise on her in a heartbeat.

Grace

:)

I just got checked into my hotel in San Juan -- and I'll be on this cruise in two days -- WooHoo!:D

Looking forward to the rest of your review -- although reading it on free hotel wifi sure beats paying for it on ship's internet!

Thanks again for posting your findings. :)

Oh forgot to mention, we checked out the buffet at night and we were not impressed with the selection except for the stir-fry. I'm sure it will improve as this nightly buffet was just put into full service. It's very casual and the dress code was not a issue. I believe it had limited choices before with staff service and a $2 fee but now it's self-serve and no fee. We never ate there but it's another choice of food service.

Archived