Valor in a month-1st cruise

jolynn84

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever. I am so excited. We leave on 12/26. What is your favorite thing about Valor? Any last minute tips?

I hope you're VERY patriotic. The Valor's theme is "American Heroes" and the ship is decorated in US flags, golden eagles, and faces of past US presidents.

The Conquest class (which the Valor is part of), is great. Many bars, lounges and activities. You won't be dissapointed!

Enjoy your first cruise.

Our first cruise (3 years ago) was also on Valor. We loved it all. Be sure to have the melting chocolate cake for dessert. My wife had it every night.

Also, try to keep a bathing suit with you in your carry-on when you embark 'cause it could be a while before your luggage is delivered to you. Keep your passport on you for embarkation. On your last night, don't pack what you plan to wear off the ship in your luggage or you may have to disembark in your bathrobe.

You'll have a great time. Take lots of pictures and come back to cruise critic to post a review.

I almost forgot, it is OK to order more than one starter/entree/dessert for dinner.

The Valor was our first cruise too..... we've been back on her twice since!

I actually love the decor.... very pretty!

Good chioce.... you'll have a great cruise.... and probably get addicted to cruising.... we did!!

The Valor was our first cruise and we had a wonderful time. My favorite part of the ship was the adults only pool - aft on the Lido deck. It has a retractable roof (open almost all of our days until Tropical Storm Ida came knocking). There are lots of nooks and crannies to find a quiet spot with a view of the ocean. Would cruise her again in a heartbeat.

The Valor was our first cruise and we had a wonderful time. My favorite part of the ship was the adults only pool - aft on the Lido deck. It has a retractable roof (open almost all of our days until Tropical Storm Ida came knocking). There are lots of nooks and crannies to find a quiet spot with a view of the ocean. Would cruise her again in a heartbeat.

Hey freezing we were on your Valor cruise. I agree would sail her in a heartbeat!! Don't forget to find the secret doors.

Wiz

LOVED our Valor Cruise!!! Do the shows at night and read the Fun Times... some of the most fun we had was hitting up the trivia and various games held around the ship during the day. Some of them weren't well attended so you chances of winning the famed ship on a stick were pretty good!

You will have a great time!!!!

Valor was my first cruise as an adult, and it was a fabulous experience. I really loved the decor (I enjoy history), and have almost nothing to complain about except for a few smoky areas.

The staff were friendly, and shows were reasonably good. I went with my adult daughter, and she had lots of fun as well. I loved the food, and since I gave up sugar a few decades ago, I was very happy with the sugar free desserts. We burned a bit of money doing Carnival excursions, but we don't drink or gamble, so we avoided the shock that others experience when they see their accounts at the end of the cruise.

Valor turned me on to cruising, so now I'm a junkie, about to take off on the Dream 11/13 in just a few days.

Don't miss the Burrito Bar on the Lido deck. It's only open a few hours at lunch each day. Also, the bar (Jeannies or something like that) located just outside the piano bar had superior mixed drinks.

+1 on the Burrito bar;)

If you like sushi, don't miss the sushi bar on the Promenade deck. As if you don't get enough to eat, it's fun to stop there before dinner. :D

I love the Valor. Some don't like the decor, but I have always enjoyed it. I like glitz and bright lights when I'm on vacation.

One must-do is to go out on the Lido deck with your SO by the railing on formal night and gaze at the stars, and maybe if you are lucky, see another cruise ship in the distance. Now, that's what cruising is all about.

Valor is a great ship....it was the newest ship out when I took my kids for the first time and they have been addicted like good ole mom since. Valor is a really nice size ship with lots to do. Decor is fine, most ships have a kinda tacky theme to them anyways so this fits within what you would normally see. There is plenty to do and see in this ship. Should still be in good repair as well. It has a good itenerary for first time cruisers...are you doing eastern or western??

This is a great place for great information to help you prepare...try not to get to overwhelmed with all the knowledge and opinions.

Have a fantastic trip, you are gonna love it. There is no greater feeling than the one you will have when you see the size of that ship sitting there waiting for you to board. After 10 cruises Im still like a kid in a candy store when we arrive.

The Mongolian Station. by far my most favorite eatery on any cruise.

It gets super crowded as the week goes on as more people discover its there.

Only opened from 11:30 - 2:30 daily. closes promptly.

Looks like we are on the same ship with you.

This will be my second cruise and my bride to be's first. Really looking forward to a week alone (if you include her parents) and away from our blended family of 7 kids!

We love them all, but sometimes a little peace and quiet is nice!

Examine the map of the ship's layout, and get a general idea of where all the different food stations are - there are so many choices - as well as what time they are open. For example, the sushi bar is open roughly 5 to 8PM, ice cream/soft yogurt machines close by midnight, the deli, mongolian, pizza stations etc......

Don't get confused getting to the MDR - see which one you're in, Lincoln or Washington, and plot what elevator bank is the closest to it. Go from your cabin to that elevator bank to arrive outside your MDR. Otherwise, you may have to walk across the 5th deck to get to it.

Look at your menu options on the TV before dinner, whets the appetite. Use the TV to keep track of spending on your S&S acct and dispute any inaccurate charges as soon as they appear.

Spend some time on deck either at sunrise, sunset, or just in the middle of the night gazing at the wonder of it all. Most importantly, have FUN!

Most of

Just off the Valor two days ago. I miss her already.

Excellent service everywhere (except our room steward, but that's a whole different story).

Will do a review after I get caught up at work and home, but wanted to tell you to have a great trip on a great ship!

Don't get confused getting to the MDR - see which one you're in, Lincoln or Washington, and plot what elevator bank is the closest to it. Go from your cabin to that elevator bank to arrive outside your MDR. Otherwise, you may have to walk across the 5th deck to get to it. f

if you have dinner in the aft dining room- only the aft elevator gets you there.

If you have anytime dining or have a dining time in the midship dining room only the forward or midship elevator will get you there.

Archived