When exactly is Spring Break?

siki00

Hello...my husband and I want to book a cruise for next April or May. Easter next year is April 16th. I am thinking of booking late April or Early May, but am concerned because of some of the things I have read about Spring Break crowds. We prefer to travel when kids are in school. We are also considering Royal Caribbean over Carnival, but again I have read that there seems to be more kids on Royal Caribbean.

Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you!

There is an equal number of kids on Carnival and RCCI. If you want less kids, go with Celebrity or Princess. Spring break goes from late february to late April, depending on when Easter falls. If you want less kids, cruise in early May, because by late May, some kids are already out of school.

I always offer this advice to folks who post such a question: the cruise lines know best when spring break is, as can be seen by the pricing. When lowest category inside staterooms are going for over $900, it's spring break season!

Your timing is right on the money! There's a small window between the two mayhem periods (the aforementioned ritual, and the onset of summer vacation), usually from late April through mid-May. Irrespective of the cruise line, the number of children aboard should be minimal. We'll be sailing Carnival on 5/8 this year, and uncovered a very attractive deal. That same cruise jumps $200pp two weeks later.

If you prefer a more sedate experience overall, Princess may well be an option. Celebrity's revised product now leans toward a more formal ambiance. To me, Carnival and RCI are interchangeable, although the latter's new pricing policy makes it difficult to find an exceptional deal.

Let the hunt begin!

Al

Depends on where you live including the county and when is Easter. About 75% have spring break Easter week. Also in the south where I live a lot of countys have spring break whenever Master's week falls in Augusta. I know the county where I live always has it then even though I live near Atlanta and not Augusta. I figure alot of the school board members are big time golf fans or something.

Around Atlanta there must be at least 8-10 counties that are suburbs of Atlanta and every one has spring break a little different. I can go in the local mall and see kids in there during the week from about the middle of March until the middle of April on a week day-as several of the countys around here shop our mall.

That is just taking in account the elementry to high schools. All the local colleges have it different times also. Theirs usually starts though whenever their winter quarter ends. They have a 2 to 3 weeks break before their spring quarter starts. Every college does this differently.

If you really want to avoid kid all together go on Holland America. Trust me we went on one and there were 2 kids on board. They were the doctors kids.

We are leaving April 11 2005 on the Holiday. I am sure kids will be there but not like they will be in the summer.

Good Luck:)

Archived