Trip Report Carnival Freedom 10/17-10/24/10

Name Of The Game

joe and i were on the cruise with you and enjoyed meeting with you and your mom..........i also enjoyed this cruise and place it right up there as my favorite.........we did a b2b and also enjoyed the second leg as much............i thought the fun team was just great and ryan did an awesome job as cd.................say hi to your mom from me

cheryl

joe and i were on the cruise with you and enjoyed meeting with you and your mom..........i also enjoyed this cruise and place it right up there as my favorite.........we did a b2b and also enjoyed the second leg as much............i thought the fun team was just great and ryan did an awesome job as cd.................say hi to your mom from me

cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. My mom and I were happy to meet you, chatting before bingo, and she enjoyed having tea with you.

Great review...Thanks! The beach you went to in Grand Caymen - I think you posted you spent $4 for the taxi ride. DId it cost money for the hotel portion? My son and I are going in March.

We just asked the driver to let us off at Royal Palms (Seven Mile Beach). Chairs were $7.00 and didn't have umbrellas. They had tables and chairs that may have had umbrellas (not sure) by the food/drink area. If you burn easily like we do you'll need to bathe in sunblock. You can see how cloudy it was. The sun only came out for a short time and I had used spray sunblock and I still ended up with patches of burn marks on my back.

Name- this was a great trip report. We are going on the freedom on 12-12-10. We are taking our 18 year old son with us. Did you think there was a lot of college aged people on board. He meets people easily but would probably like it if there were some pretty coeds on board for him to meet.

I'm 23. This was my fourth cruise since '08. Only on the first of two cruises in '08 did I meet a girl and couple guys my age to hang around. For the past three I just haven't met anyone close to my age. I do enjoy hanging out with my mom, but sometimes she does her own thing while I spend time on the lido deck eating, using the slide, shooting hoops, etc.

Looks like you had a great time. Was Sam (Harry Potter) the ACD on your Cruise?

Sam was on the Legend as ACD to Wee Jimmy on our Oct 4th Cruise. He's just adorable! On the last night he was in the Legends show dressed up as Cher!

Glad you liked the review. Our two favorite cruises were the Triumph in '08 and this one but can't decide which is #1 and which is #2. They both had Ryan Fitzgerald for cruise director. Each time he had a great fun staff and the food and service were excellent. I have to say the worst staff we had was on the Legend a year ago but we still had fun.

Thanks for all the pictures. We are on Freedom in January (which can't come soon enough...) and one can NEVER see too many photos of one's next cruise ship.

I'm also glad to hear the food is great. I know the cruise lines work to make it consistent across the fleet, but anyone who spends time on these boards--or on the ships--knows that some ships just do it better.

We will be on the Freedom in 19 days! Where did you get the coupons for the resturants? Thank You for the review! :D

Here's the coupon for the free jello shot from Fat Tuesday.

http://fattuesdaykeywest.com/coupon.html

I don't see a coupon for The Lazy Gecko any more.

Here's a coupon for a drink at the Bull & Whistle. We actually had this one as well but didn't use it since we were full enough from food and drinks.

http://www.bullkeywest.com/WHISTLEcoupon.asp

this is one of my favorite things to do on cruises, movies under the stars on lido deck. what did they have showing on this cruise>did you watch any? and is margaritaville pool and slide free>of course i do plan on drinking there, where is it exactly from the port?

These are some of the things they showed on the big screen:

Sunday Night Football

Monday Night Football

Paul McCartney Concert

Randy Travis Concert

Billy Joel Concert

Jonas Brothers Concert

Movies:

Play the Game

Sherlock Holmes

Up in the Air

The Blind Side

There was no charge to use the pool or beach at Margaritaville but they do make sure that you purchase something. To get there you make a left at the end of the pier and just follow the road to Island Village. It only takes five minutes.

Archived