Dining time make a difference to who you may get seated with?

I am trying to decide which dining option to choose. The early option will come with the option of having the adventure ocean crew come and pick up the kids, but I am wondering will we have a better chance of getting younger/funner people at the late seating?:)

I am trying to decide which dining option to choose. The early option will come with the option of having the adventure ocean crew come and pick up the kids, but I am wondering will we have a better chance of getting younger/funner people at the late seating?:)

In our experience, we have found that younger families and an older demographic tend to eat at the earlier seating. However, there is a distinct possibility that you could take the later seating and end up with people like my husband and myself, who are definitely not younger, but certainly funner . . .;)

I'm younger---and I think fun :)

I prefer early seating. I know that is different than most kid-less folks like myself. I just know if I don't eat early and start going to shows, drinking, etc. I won't make it to the later dinner. I'll just keep having fun and not eat....and that definitely isn't pretty.

We're generally seated with a mixture of people. People always say later seating is more fun. I don't know that I noticed a difference, to be honest.

Now when you say younger....what age would that be? My DH and I are our late 30s early 40s and I think we are lots of fun. My Auntie Mame (like from the film/play/book) is in her late 60s and she is such a hoot that I love spending time with her.

We are hitting OASIS in the spring and will be doing family dining and shipping our son off with the Ocean Adventure folks so we will have a few hours to get crazy and have some fun in the evening away from our son.

Just saying don't base fun-ness on age!

In our experience the cruise lines do a fairly good job of matching people up for dinner. We are in our late 50's and always get late seating. On our last few cruises on Carnival and RCI we traveled with my 87 year old father in law. Each time we were put at tables with others our age also traveling with an elderly parent. We all had something in common

and the oldsters had someone to reminisce about WWII with. It worked out very well. He was supposed to join us again in January on the VOS, but passed away in September.

We prefer the late seating because we don't feel rushed at all. With early dining they are in a hurry to get you out and reset the tables for the late seating. Early seating dinner seems to be over in a flash, but late seating seems to linger with coffee and after dinner drinks and good conversation.

Archived