FCC on an already booked cruise?

Soleil09

They are now enforcing it. Turned me down last week.

This was after my pvp said it would be ok before I purchased it last month for a January cruise already booked.

He is working on it but would not count on getting it accepted in the future.

This was after my pvp said it would be ok before I purchased it last month for a January cruise already booked.

thanks, first time I have heard they are now enforcing the new wording.

I wonder if you have a old FCC that doesnt say you cant use with already booked cruises .. if it applies to them as well?

Thanks for the heads up....

we bought 5 on the Triumph last month and sent 3 of them in on cruises we had booked for 2011. They accepted them.....however, we were NOT past the final payment date.

I wonder if that makes a difference?????

Thanks for the heads up....

we bought 5 on the Triumph last month and sent 3 of them in on cruises we had booked for 2011. They accepted them.....however, we were NOT past the final payment date.

I wonder if that makes a difference?????

Maybe?? I would love to use it on the 7 day even though I will have other opportunities to use it in the future. I'll see what they have to say on board.

Maybe?? I would love to use it on the 7 day even though I will have other opportunities to use it in the future. I'll see what they have to say on board.

The reps onboard will tell you that you cannot use them on already booked cruises. They have been saying this since it was a new program only on a few ships .. even when it wasnt true a year or so back.

Dont count on getting any other answer, because this answer seems to be consistent, even when it wasnt true.

(it also states in the numbered terms and conditions on the back of the FCC that they cannot be used with a already booked cruise .. so the reps will just tell you what the rule is, not what people have been able to actually do).

The reps onboard will tell you that you cannot use them on already booked cruises. They have been saying this since it was a new program only on a few ships .. even when it wasnt true a year or so back.

Dont count on getting any other answer, because this answer seems to be consistent, even when it wasnt true.

(it also states in the numbered terms and conditions on the back of the FCC that they cannot be used with a already booked cruise .. so the reps will just tell you what the rule is, not what people have been able to actually do).

We will buy a couple of more on the Liberty .... just to be on the safe side !!!

I have two left from the Triumph...but will be using them on cruises I will be booking this week......

We purchased it Oct 2010 for a Jan 2011 cruise so it should be a new one. Also not past final payment date for another couple of weeks so that is also not the reason.

I specifically asked my pvp if I could do this before our Oct cruise and he said he had approval so I than purchased it in October with everyone knowing I had a Jan 2011 cruise booked.

Now for some reason they are not honoring this for me. Asked pvp to go back to whomever approved the fcc usage in this case and waiting on an answer.

In any case in the future I will follow the rule which at least in my case they are following now.

We purchased it Oct 2010 for a Jan 2011 cruise so it should be a new one. Also not past final payment date for another couple of weeks so that is also not the reason.

I specifically asked my pvp if I could do this before our Oct cruise and he said he had approval so I than purchased it in October with everyone knowing I had a Jan 2011 cruise booked.

Now for some reason they are not honoring this for me. Asked pvp to go back to whomever approved the fcc usage in this case and waiting on an answer.

In any case in the future I will follow the rule which at least in my case they are following now.

Did they send back the FCC you had sent in?? How was this handled??

They offered to either return the fcc to me or refund my money. Waiting on my pvp before I answer the question.

Thanks for the heads up! I have one that I wanted to use on a cruise I already had booked before I bought it but I think I'll wait and see how they are handling the ones that are sent in and can't be applied.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but you have to put a booking number on the FCC, and it also says it can't be used towards the deposit, so how are we supposed to use it for a not already booked cruise? :confused:

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but you have to put a booking number on the FCC, and it also says it can't be used towards the deposit, so how are we supposed to use it for a not already booked cruise? :confused:

You go and book a cruise and get the booking number and than send in the fcc you have previously purchased, with that booking number.

Wow that is weird....

because we purchased 5 on our Oct 2nd cruise....got home and applied them to the Elation Jan 1st and 6th cruise with no issues????

They have gone through and we have paid off the balance....

but as we all know, consistancy on some things are not Carnival's strong suit.

Wow that is weird....

because we purchased 5 on our Oct 2nd cruise....got home and applied them to the Elation Jan 1st and 6th cruise with no issues????

They have gone through and we have paid off the balance....

but as we all know, consistancy on some things are not Carnival's strong suit.

It is strange that my pvp got an approval for me to buy this one and now they have changed their mind. Not the best way to conduct business.

PVP's do not get the backing they should.

It is strange that my pvp got an approval for me to buy this one and now they have changed their mind. Not the best way to conduct business.

Mine has had to backtrack on a few promises as well, no backing. One time Revenue Dept who is above the PVPs contacted me for more $$$ and she couldnt do a thing (and neither could her bosses, revenue is above them)

OK...whew!

Just talked to my TA and my FCC has been applied.

Purchased on the Ecstasy on 10/18/2010

Mailed by Certified letter on 10/28/2010

Applied to already booked cruise sail date 3/27/2011

I have one more I hope to get applied to my already booked cruise in 2012! Sending it out today..hope it goes thru as well !

Perhaps it was because I did not go through my PVP to use it....

I just sent it in as soon as we got home and they processed it......

Archived