FCC on an already booked cruise?

Soleil09

Perhaps it was because I did not go through my PVP to use it....

I just sent it in as soon as we got home and they processed it......

Nope. I sent to the appropriate dept who informed me they would not accept it. Since than I asked my pvp to get involved and waiting to see if he can do anything.

As usual no consistency with Carnival.

Bought mine on my Sept Cruise to Alaska,

sent it in late Sept for my CC Group Cruise in Jan. (Final payment was due mid Oct.)

That one had been booked 8 months or so

I think you all are right with that consistency thing...

Bummer, I wish you the best of luck...

We need to keep this thread going so that we know when Carnival starts enforcing the new policy to only accept the Future Cruise Credits on cruises that have not been booked at the time of purchasing the credits.

Some have had them refused. Others have not. We need to know when they stop completely. I had one go through this week, so they haven't stopped completely yet. Please come back and comment here when you get these credits applied or when you have them rejected. I have another in the mail now. Thanks. Carnival is not consistant on this and we need to communicate here so that folks know what to expect. Thanks CC.

FCC is a small dept and perhaps the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

The previous time I used one for a previously booked cruise and no problem.

Have threatened the lady that refused me with never sailing Carnival again despite being platinum and a shareholder and waiting for a response.

If they continue I will get refund of this one and probably purchase a new one in January for a cruise that has not yet been booked.

Whole thing seems kind of silly. Either enforce your rules or do not.

Ok.. I am going to inject a little common sense here.

You have a cruise booked for June 2011.

You go on a cruise December 2010 ...purchase a FCC and send it in for the June cruise.

IF they rejected this FCC (because it was purchased AFTER this cruise was booked) ....

seems like IF a person is still outside the penalty window....

they could cancel the cruise and rebook it THEN use the FCC.

(which is why I was thinking it had something to do with the timing of the final payment)

What am I missing????

What is a FCC - maybe a voucher for a future cruise? How does this work?

FUTURE CRUISE CERTIFICATE

You pay $100.

They give you a certificate.

This certificate allows you to apply that $100 to a "future cruise" ....

PLUS you get $50 to $100 depending on the length of the cruise (higher on 14 day cruises which Carnival does not have a lot of) as

ON BOARD CREDIT

Note:

Not applicable with Interline discounts.

Used to not be applicable with military discounts...but I am hearing those are now allowed (double check before buying)

You have several years to use them OR send them back in for a full refund.

You must send the certificate in "certified mail" once you book a cruise.

These OBC are combinable with Stockholder OBC and other kinds of OBC.

We bought 10 in Nov 2008 and used them all. Bought 5 more last month and have used 3 of those. Will be buying 2 more end of the month on the Liberty.

Ok.. I am going to inject a little common sense here.

You have a cruise booked for June 2011.

You go on a cruise December 2010 ...purchase a FCC and send it in for the June cruise.

IF they rejected this FCC (because it was purchased AFTER this cruise was booked) ....

seems like IF a person is still outside the penalty window....

they could cancel the cruise and rebook it THEN use the FCC.

(which is why I was thinking it had something to do with the timing of the final payment)

What am I missing????

Wouldn't work for me because we book ES and would have to pay $100 penalty to cancel and rebook. Also our cruise prices usually go way up after we book about a year out, so we'd lose more money there by rebooking. If this last FCC goes thru on our other previously booked cruise I'll be happy and just buy them before booking from now on to be safe. They didn't tell us about the change in rules before we bought. It was just in the small print on the back of the Certificate we received on the last night of the cruise after we had paid.

Wouldn't work for me because we book ES and would have to pay $100 penalty to cancel and rebook. Also our cruise prices usually go way up after we book about a year out, so we'd lose more money there by rebooking. If this last FCC goes thru on our other previously booked cruise I'll be happy and just buy them before booking from now on to be safe. They didn't tell us about the change in rules before we bought. It was just in the small print on the back of the Certificate we received on the last night of the cruise after we had paid.

That makes sense....

we never book ES ...so I never thought of that.

Perhaps they are allowing a "grandfathering" in if this is a new rule?????

Maybe someone just started the job and is trying to impress the boss by actually following the rules! :rolleyes:

First time I have read of one being denied as well. I know the subject comes up from time to time. Even started my own thread earlier this year as my first chance to buy them was in April and I wanted to use them on several cruises I had already booked.

Since the program has been rolled out fleet wide for over a year now I could see them starting to enforce it. Or maybe it will be a 'depends on who you get' kind of thing for months/years to come. :cool:

Purchased mine on the Fantasy in Aug.

Sent it out a few weeks ago for my 02/11 cruise that I have had booked since before summer.

Credit was applied.

Same here - purchased one on Aug. Glory cruise. Sent it in the following week for my Feb. cruise. (I had already used one for Dream in Dec.) It was applied within a week - which was totally different than the 5 months it took for my Dream cruise to be credited! I had not made final payment yet for Feb., but the OBC was posted under "billing" on the CCL page.

After they turned me down because it was for an already booked cruise I asked my pvp to become involved since he was the one who told me it would be ok.

He got nowhere.

The other day I wrote to the lady who turned me down and said again I was told by my pvp that it would be ok.

She has now written back to me that they are making a one time exception and allowing me the use of the FCC.

Perhaps it helped that I am platinum and a stockholder and cruise 3x per year and I told her all of that.

What does this mean for the future? Who the hell knows but on our next cruise we will purchase another FCC for a CRUISE NOT ALREADY BOOKED!

After reading this thread on Monday (Nov. 8th) I thought I better send in my FCC because I had bought mine after I had booked my cruise as well. Not knowing if it would be rejected like golfadj's was, I thought I would take a chance. My went through and it has already been applied to my Splendor cruise.

I guess it is a hit or miss!

After reading this thread on Monday (Nov. 8th) I thought I better send in my FCC because I had bought mine after I had booked my cruise as well. Not knowing if it would be rejected like golfadj's was, I thought I would take a chance. My went through and it has already been applied to my Splendor cruise.

I guess it is a hit or miss!

Nothing like following your own rules. Guess this will be hit and miss until they decide to be consistant down the road somewhere.

Grateful for this thread - I bought 3 FCCs on my Freedom cruise last month and would LOVE to apply one to the Panama Canal cruise I have booked for next December and really maximize that benefit! I will send one in and cross my fingers.

I bought 3 on my cruise in September. Sent one in last month for a cruise I've had booked for 6-7 months and it was accepted. I don't understand how you can send in the certificate BEFORE you book a cruise :confused:. They ask for your booking number on the certificate. No wonder everyone gets confused. Then on the back it states to send in before cruise is booked. Makes no sense. Seems like they are covering their you know what either way :rolleyes:. Well - I'm happy mine was accepted, but what about my next cruise. Hope to book a B2B soon and use the other two certificates. How do you send them in without a booking number?

I bought 3 on my cruise in September. Sent one in last month for a cruise I've had booked for 6-7 months and it was accepted. I don't understand how you can send in the certificate BEFORE you book a cruise :confused:. They ask for your booking number on the certificate. No wonder everyone gets confused. Then on the back it states to send in before cruise is booked. Makes no sense. Seems like they are covering their you know what either way :rolleyes:. Well - I'm happy mine was accepted, but what about my next cruise. Hope to book a B2B soon and use the other two certificates. How do you send them in without a booking number?

It is simple, Carnival wants you to buy the FCC, then go home and book a cruise.

Once you have booked the cruise (After you bought the FCC) they want you to write the Booking Number on the Cert. and send it in.

It makes sense...

I suppose they can tell from your Booking Number, not only what cruise, cabin and person to apply the Credit,

But also, the Date you booked that cruise in the first place.

So if it works for already booked cruises Great, but the purpose of the FCC is to promote Future Cruise Bookings.

So with that in mind, I do hope you all get yours applied to any bookings you may have.

I think it depends on who is processing the FCC. they guy just pushing paper...your in like Flynn

the guy going over board doing his job, checking the dots and crossing the T's...Well he is going to check when you booked the cruise, to when you bought the FCC.

So for all you people whining about those Carnival people not knowing what the left and right hand are doing,

or how everyone has a different answer...

If you are already booked and want to send in that just purchased FCC...

this is the time it may benefit you....

Happy Cruising everyone...

I know...I guess it is a crap shoot of who opens your letter! I hope you get your resolved and applied to your upcoming cruise!:)

When I wrote back reminding them I am platinum and a shareholder and cruise 3x per year and was contemplating going elsewhere they made a "one time exception" and decided to accept it.

In the future though I will make sure I have one in stock whenever likely to book new cruise to avoid the hassle.

When I wrote back reminding them I am platinum and a shareholder and cruise 3x per year and was contemplating going elsewhere they made a "one time exception" and decided to accept it.

In the future though I will make sure I have one in stock whenever likely to book new cruise to avoid the hassle.

I think I'll do the same! Doesn't hurt to have one just in case!;):)

Okay - yesterday I booked our first B2B cruise on the Freedom for cruising in April of 2012. I have two cruise certificates which I bought in September. Seeing the April of 2012 is so far off, would it be better to wait quite a while before I mail in the certificates? Also, would it be safer to mail them separately certified mail, or would it be okay to mail together? I'm thinking that since they were bought before I booked the Freedom cruise, I don't have to be in a hurry to mail them in :confused:. Thanks for any opinions here:o

Okay - yesterday I booked our first B2B cruise on the Freedom for cruising in April of 2012. I have two cruise certificates which I bought in September. Seeing the April of 2012 is so far off, would it be better to wait quite a while before I mail in the certificates? Also, would it be safer to mail them separately certified mail, or would it be okay to mail together? I'm thinking that since they were bought before I booked the Freedom cruise, I don't have to be in a hurry to mail them in :confused:. Thanks for any opinions here:o

I would send them certified mail in one envelope. Also would do it now just to get it done.

I just purchased 2 extras when we were on the Miracle in October. I like to have a supply of them on hand since we book our cruises so far in advance. Earlier this year I sent in 3 of them to cover the 3 cruises we had booked plus one that my son had purchased for the Splendor next May. I liked having them all together like that and all 4 of them were credited at the same time.

I'm hoping that one day we'll be able to just call them in vs mailing them. I've heard that other cruise lines do it that way.

Archived