QE Policy

vannerhawk

Curious about a department titled "Customer Solutions" as I have not seen it in use prior to postings here. Is "Customer Solutions" in popular use on that side of the pond? :confused: Salacia

No, it is not common - well, I have not come across such a title previously. Such staff normally come under the Customer Services Department.

It could be that the title was supposed to be something different (like Customer Services, or Customer Satisfaction maybe), but after spelling it wrongly, the word check software 'auto-corrected' it to "Solutions":eek: As it appears that very few personnel at Southampton actually read through the letters that they write prior to sending them, no one noticed the word 'Solutions' for quite some time - and then it was too late!:D

Regards.

David

No, smoking is not permitted in any Public area.

I seem to recall that they re-allowed smoking on the upper level in G32 at one time :confused: But then, that was at least a few weeks ago - so things will have changed again since then :eek:

Regards,

David

No, it is not common - well, I have not come across such a title previously. Such staff normally come under the Customer Services Department.

It could be that the title was supposed to be something different (like Customer Services, or Customer Satisfaction maybe), but after spelling it wrongly, the word check software 'auto-corrected' it to "Solutions":eek: As it appears that very few personnel at Southampton actually read through the letters that they write prior to sending them, no one noticed the word 'Solutions' for quite some time - and then it was too late!:D

Regards.

David

LOL Thanks David -that's as good an explanation as any:) Cheers, Salacia

I seem to recall that they re-allowed smoking on the upper level in G32 at one time :confused: But then, that was at least a few weeks ago - so things will have changed again since then :eek:

Regards,

David

Thats only on QM2 though :eek: and who wants to go in that dreadfull place. :p

Agree totally with you Gavin:eek: It's just that the e-mail that I received from Cunard stated "staterooms, private balconies and designated area's of the open decks" (apart from cigars in Churchill's). [Why does Southampton staff think that every word ending in the letter 's' has to be preceded by an apostrophe?}

Just goes to show that even now, Southampton cannot get it right:rolleyes:

Regards,

David

Have checked my Voyage booklet David, and it states, Smoking is not permitted in any Public area, etc, etc, :eek: ;) :p

Gavin. :cool:

Have checked my Voyage booklet David, and it states, Smoking is not permitted in any Public area, etc, etc, :eek: ;) :p

Gavin. :cool:

Thanks for that Gavin. I rather think that it depends when the booklet was printed, as the policy seems to change on a regular basis:eek:

Que Sera Sera :rolleyes:

Regards,

David

Thanks for that Gavin. I rather think that it depends when the booklet was printed, as the policy seems to change on a regular basis:eek:

Que Sera Sera :rolleyes:

Regards,

David

LOL, Your welcome David. :) I think we all know the direction in which the policy is heading. ;)

Gav. :cool:

I am currently on QE and I can tell you that cigarette smoking is allowed in all staterooms, as they call them. Our corridor reeks of smoke emanating from a couple of passenger's doors. I don't know what they will be like when the occupants change tomorrow. :eek: But I don't think that we would like to go in there as the next occupants.

I am currently on QE and I can tell you that cigarette smoking is allowed in all staterooms, as they call them. Our corridor reeks of smoke emanating from a couple of passenger's doors. I don't know what they will be like when the occupants change tomorrow. :eek: But I don't think that we would like to go in there as the next occupants.

Yes you should tell them, they should give them an extra clean

If you ever go into a hotel room (or cabin) and your first reaction is the room smells overly nice you can bet money that housekeeping have given it an extra touch of the "magic stuff" that hotels use for such events.

It really does work, ok it can be expensive to use BUT outweigh the costs of having the room or cabin off for a few days and it does pay for itself.

And if you dont mind the smell of cranberries.. its actually quite nice.....

we found the same on QM2 in october, I think more people go back to the cabins and smoke, it ran thru the corridors on deck 5 and I also noticed it on deck 9

Turncoats spring to mind here. Think about it ....

Best

judy

Archived