fitness classes

shellondra

I'm too lazy, but my husband is a workout junkie.

Most ships have Pilates, yoga and cycling classes, but I believe there is a fee for those. Unfortunately, I can't remember how much. sorry:o

The day you board, find the gym. On a table, they will have clipboards where you can sign up for these classes, as there is limited capacity.

Not all the classes cost money . . . Yoga and Pilates did (I think it was $10 ea), but you could take a really nice stretching class, and a few other variations for free. They were usually sandwiched in between the fee-based classes. And the equipment was all available for free. Treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, free weights, etc.

Our cruise had a spa tour on the first day. You can get a good overview of the facilities and offerings there. They tell you about all kinds of expensive products and treatments, and encourage you to book a service while you're there, but no real pressure that I recall.

Lori

We went to a body strengthening class which was free. It was 30 minutes and pretty good. They also have sunrise/sunset stretching classes for free. The classes used to be $10 but I think they're $12 now (yoga, pilates, indoor cycling...). Make sure you go to the Spa Raffle at the beginning of the cruise. My sister won a free foot massage! My favorite exercise on the ship is walking the outdoor track at sunrise or sunset.

lskoob is right, some of the classes are free, and you may even get to have some say in what free classes are offered. Last year on the Valor, DH and I took an abs class for free at the beginning of the week. A couple days later, we saw the class offered again, so we went. Someone else who was also there for the class asked if it could be a circuit training class instead, and the trainer agreed to switch it from abs to circuit training.

Archived