FLL to MIA transfers

KevinsCruising

SAS is suggested often on these boards, but they don't run late at night so your arrival time may affect your choice. The ride from FLL or area hotels to POM takes about 40 minutes or so; a taxi will run in the $85-100 range :eek: Good luck!:)

Anyone know the cheapest way to get from FLL to MIA cruise ports. The cheapest I found is 90.00 for the 4 of us one way. Is that the normal price or does anyone know a secret how to get their cheaper?

Thanks

The cheapest would probably be by Tri-Rail, but you have to make sure the scheduling works for you. Probably for 4, your best bet would be a one-way car rental (probably in the $50 range), which also allows you much more flexibility if you're staying in a hotel for one night somewhere - not restricted to ones with free shuttle service.

We went on a very last minute cruise on the NCL over Labor Day weekend. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Stirling in Fort Lauderdale the night before as we arrived very late. We booked on the Monday before arriving in FLL on Thursday night. I mention this because we just didn't have time to arrange for SAS or another company. Just decided to take a cab to Miami.

The day of the cruise, we checked out of the hotel and had the Holiday Inn call us a taxi to take us to Miami. The front desk clerk said he was calling a friend, who would take us because "he is reasonable and won't take you for an arm and a leg."

That was the best decision we could have made! Ricky Aguero came into our lives that day!

Ricky is a cab driver that is starting his own transportation/shuttle business. He is also an avid cruiser. Ricky took us to Miami (said he could run the meter or just pay $60 flat). We chose the later. He also volunteered to pick us up when the Sky returned three days later and return us from Miami to the FLL airport. He is based in Fort Lauderdale.

We called him right when we were leaving the cabin on the Sky and he was picking us up within minutes of exiting customs. We also made arrangements with Ricky when we went on the Epic last month. Again, he picked us up at the Hyatt Place South (always on time) and took us to the Port of Miami. For some reason, I could not find my makeup bag so Ricky made a stop at a CVS on the way to Miami. I said any place would be fine but he made a point of going a little further out because he said the prices would be better. $50 for that trip as well as our return trip again to FLL (we always fly Southwest as we have free tickets and a companion pass). We also include a nice tip.

We are using him again in December. He is just a genuine kind of guy, originally from New Jersey. He's funny and will share stories about his other customers. I wonder what he has said about me -- I am known for my personalized crusing business cards so he will probably say something about that. I have his blessing to give out his cell number on Cruise Critic. Just let him know that you got his name and number from Linda (from Paducah, KY). If you would like his contact information, you can email me at lindavanhoose at ymail dot com.

We went on a very last minute cruise on the NCL over Labor Day weekend. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Stirling in Fort Lauderdale the night before as we arrived very late. We booked on the Monday before arriving in FLL on Thursday night. I mention this because we just didn't have time to arrange for SAS or another company. Just decided to take a cab to Miami.

The day of the cruise, we checked out of the hotel and had the Holiday Inn call us a taxi to take us to Miami. The front desk clerk said he was calling a friend, who would take us because "he is reasonable and won't take you for an arm and a leg."

That was the best decision we could have made! Ricky Aguero came into our lives that day!

Ricky is a cab driver that is starting his own transportation/shuttle business. He is also an avid cruiser. Ricky took us to Miami (said he could run the meter or just pay $60 flat). We chose the later. He also volunteered to pick us up when the Sky returned three days later and return us from Miami to the FLL airport. He is based in Fort Lauderdale.

We called him right when we were leaving the cabin on the Sky and he was picking us up within minutes of exiting customs. We also made arrangements with Ricky when we went on the Epic last month. Again, he picked us up at the Hyatt Place South (always on time) and took us to the Port of Miami. For some reason, I could not find my makeup bag so Ricky made a stop at a CVS on the way to Miami. I said any place would be fine but he made a point of going a little further out because he said the prices would be better. $50 for that trip as well as our return trip again to FLL (we always fly Southwest as we have free tickets and a companion pass). We also include a nice tip.

We are using him again in December. He is just a genuine kind of guy, originally from New Jersey. He's funny and will share stories about his other customers. I wonder what he has said about me -- I am known for my personalized crusing business cards so he will probably say something about that. I have his blessing to give out his cell number on Cruise Critic. Just let him know that you got his name and number from Linda (from Paducah, KY). If you would like his contact information, you can email me at lindavanhoose at ymail dot com.

Linda, emial is on its way to you. Thanks for the offering the number.

Laura

Do you know if he can handle a party of 8? Does he have a van or cab? Thanks in advance for any info. you can provide. I am a Splendor refugee and am trying to put this all together last minute.

Do you know if he can handle a party of 8? Does he have a van or cab? Thanks in advance for any info. you can provide. I am a Splendor refugee and am trying to put this all together last minute.

I have left a message for Ricky, asking how many he can take. When we last saw him five-six weeks ago, he was in the process of having his wife's van painted white and getting the shuttle license. Apparently, it is a very, very long process, ordeal in order to get something like this going. I was amazed to hear what goes into it. Everything was supposed to be in place though by this month. He also has a cab but not sure if he is going to stay with that or just concentrate on the shuttle/transport thing. Will let you know. We will have six when we go in December but we are just going to the Port of Fort Lauderdale from FLL.

I have left a message for Ricky, asking how many he can take. When we last saw him five-six weeks ago, he was in the process of having his wife's van painted white and getting the shuttle license. Apparently, it is a very, very long process, ordeal in order to get something like this going. I was amazed to hear what goes into it. Everything was supposed to be in place though by this month. He also has a cab but not sure if he is going to stay with that or just concentrate on the shuttle/transport thing. Will let you know. We will have six when we go in December but we are just going to the Port of Fort Lauderdale from FLL.

UPDATE: Ricky's van is ready and already in service. The van is a seven-passenger van but Ricky says for you to call him on his cell and he may be able to work something out. Email me at lindavanhoose at ymail dot com if you want to contact him.

Archived