Missed the tuxedo rental deadline

smahama

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas leaving this weekend, and we need to rent a tuxedo for formal nights. However, I tried to do it online and I apparently missed the deadline because reservations can't be made within 5 days of departure. Is it possible to rent the tuxedo onboard or is it something you must do ahead of time? I hope I don't have to go buy him a tux last minute!

Thanks for the help!

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise to the Bahamas leaving this weekend, and we need to rent a tuxedo for formal nights. However, I tried to do it online and I apparently missed the deadline because reservations can't be made within 5 days of departure. Is it possible to rent the tuxedo onboard or is it something you must do ahead of time? I hope I don't have to go buy him a tux last minute!

Thanks for the help!

They have tuxes available on the ship. When my DH forgot his tux for our vow renewal on the ship, our cabin attendant had the tailor come up to the room, measure him and that night, TA DA, he had a tux :) Now, they DID say that they run out of shoes quickly so he might want to bring some nice shoes just in case :D

I didn't see a SINGLE man in a tux on my Explorer cruise two weeks ago. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that he missed the rental deadline since he might feel quite overdressed. ;) However, that could also mean that they have a surplus of tuxes available. At any rate, pack a suit.

Especially on short cruises, you will not see very many people participating in the "formal attire." If that's what you like, then fine. Personally, I never wear more than a pair of slacks and a shirt with a collar. I don't wear a tie or sport coat.....it's a vacation, and everyone should dress however they feel comfortable! Like I said....If the formal thing is what you like, go for it....if not, don't worry about it! You'll see many more people dressing casually...

If this is a 3 night cruise, you will not need a tux. A suit will likely be overly dressy. Have a great time and welcome to CC!!

If it's a 3-night, then there isn't even a formal night, right? :confused: If so, then that might explain why OP can't rent a tux. But, just going by this post--not sure that OP's cruise is indeed a 3-night.

If it's a 3-night, then there isn't even a formal night, right? :confused: If so, then that might explain why OP can't rent a tux. But, just going by this post--not sure that OP's cruise is indeed a 3-night.

Our 3 night had a formal night in March

Tuxedos are rare on RC. A dark suit (black, blue or even brown, or even gray) will work just fine. A lot of tuxedo rental shops have inventory that they sell, which is in good shape, and will cost less than a rental. I would opt for the suit, and he will have it after the cruise.

3 night cruises generally DO have a formal night, but very few guys wear a tux on the short cruises. 3 night cruises tend to draw a much more casual crowd overall.

Our 3 night had a formal night in March

3 night cruises generally DO have a formal night, but very few guys wear a tux on the short cruises. 3 night cruises tend to draw a much more casual crowd overall.
Just from reading the boards, I think they may have dropped the formal night on three night cruises this past summer sometime. Here's a link to the Cruise Compasses from a June 3 night Monarch cruise. The suggest attire for the the nights: Casual, Smart Casual, Casual.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0XKYdxLXcmlMDg2ZjgwNGUtMDYyMC00NDgyLThmOTUtMGI5Mzc0NjMyMWUy&hl=en&pli=1

Just from reading the boards, I think they may have dropped the formal night on three night cruises this past summer sometime. Here's a link to the Cruise Compasses from a June 3 night Monarch cruise. The suggest attire for the the nights: Casual, Smart Casual, Casual.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0XKYdxLXcmlMDg2ZjgwNGUtMDYyMC00NDgyLThmOTUtMGI5Mzc0NjMyMWUy&hl=en&pli=1

Yea, in May there was definitely no "formal" night on Monarch 3 nighter as it has been changed to smart casual. With that said, I seen numerous tuxedos on smart casual night and a lot of suits. I was actually surprised.

Ok, didn't realize that. My last 3 nighter was a year ago so I wasn't aware of the change. I'll be on one on Majesty though in a week and a half so I'll what they're doing then. Doesn't matter to me either way on such a short cruise.

Archived