airboat tours

richbum

Thank you. Have you been on any of these? Do you recommend a certain one?

Will you have your own transportation to do the airboat tour? We've done Billie Swamp, and liked it a lot, but it's quite a drive from Ft Lauderdale (about an hour west on I-75). You can buy a combo ticket to do the airboat ride and the swamp buggy ride. Everglades Holiday Park is also nice and has an alligator show as part of your ticket. It's a bit of a drive from the port area as well, but not as far as Billie Swamp, maybe about 35 min. We've been to Everglades Holiday Park twice; once on our own, and once as part of a post-excursion package that included Flamingo Gardens. That's a nice excursion if you have a late flight home.

I didn't have transportation on the couple days we stayed pre-cruise in miami. We just booked through the hotel for a combined air boat everglades & miami city tour. The tour company was net tours. The everglades tour was great I thought, kind of cheesy / redneck tour at Safari World. Nice show with the alligators, as well as a air boat ride where we saw lots of gators, some herons and other birds I don't know the names of. Got a photo of the Safari World sign against the highway, & if my camera had gone off a split second sooner I would have got a great shot of a trailer going down the road just beneath the sign - darn!

Miami City tour was not so great. We got a glimpse of Star Island out the window of the bus as we drove down a highway, & the house that was pictured in Scarface. But the tour of the city itself was not great, I was disappointed.

We were in miami, and there were a lot of options. Are you staying at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale? I started by calling the hotel I had made reservations at, to speak to the front desk staff & ask about any tours they could book for me that picked up from the lobby.

Archived