Christmas Gifts for Employees

Mindy97

I would like to point out that Christmas is inherently a religious holiday, even if you try to cloak it by sending "Happy Holidays" cards instead of religious card. Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ and if you do not believe in Christianity, receiving a holiday card is an insult to your beliefs.

I do not send you New Years cards on Yom Kippur. Don't send me "Happy Holidays" cards.

DON

Wow. That is just,....

Well, anyway.

Wow.

I try to use "Happy Holidays", unless I'm certain of someones beliefs, as I feel it covers most all holidays in the Autumn / Winter timeframe!

The world these days is a very diverse place, and since we are lucky enough to be sharing some space on a cruise ship for a few days with those who may be of a different religion or beliefs than our own, isn't it just nice to simply enjoy the differences between us and share a little holiday spirit in general... without worrying whether it's your specific holiday or my specific holiday or the guy's whatever holiday in the cabin next door?

That being said...It really is the thought that counts and that you care enough to say anything at all... so Happy Holidays everyone! Hope everyone's holidays of every kind are the best! :D

I add to my tips and I also decorate my room.

However, before I do the decorating, I warn my room steward/steward that I am going to do so and will have a string of lights plugged in and blinking.

The first time I decorated, I didn't warn the steward and he nearly fainted when he opened my door.

I add to my tips and I also decorate my room.

However, before I do the decorating, I warn my room steward/steward that I am going to do so and will have a string of lights plugged in and blinking.

The first time I decorated, I didn't warn the steward and he nearly fainted when he opened my door.

LOL PennyAgain! Poor steward... but how funny! :D

I would like to point out that Christmas is inherently a religious holiday, even if you try to cloak it by sending "Happy Holidays" cards instead of religious card. Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ and if you do not believe in Christianity, receiving a holiday card is an insult to your beliefs.

I do not send you New Years cards on Yom Kippur. Don't send me "Happy Holidays" cards.

DON

This is a bit stiff! Tho' I only send Chanukah cards to my tribe I don't get all verklempt when I get Christmas cards..it's all good will isn't it?

This is a bit stiff! Tho' I only send Chanukah cards to my tribe I don't get all verklempt when I get Christmas cards..it's all good will isn't it?

Which leads me to wonder how exactly others are supposed to know what "tribe" any one of us belongs to? Unless you regularly wear something that identifies you, how would people know? Does Donald from SC wear some kind of sign so we'll know how not to insult him?

That's supposed to be the spirit of it, anyway.

I've never met a single solitary service worker that got bent out of shape if given some sort of gift at Christmas time. I think it's pretty unlikely that every service worker I've seen around Christmas time was of a belief that recognizes Christmas. Either they just want the gift, or are polite and gracious and accept it in the spirit it is being given.

Caramba........... How many people that "celebrate" Christmas even give Christ a moments thought?

Archived